08

Aoi Ego
Training field, 3:00pm

"What's your problem, huh?" Ness grabs my collar and yells. "You did that on purpose, didn't ya?" He gets so close that his spittle lands on my face.

We're in the middle of a training session, and when Kaiser had the ball, I moved in to challenge him for it. However, he didn't see me coming, lost his balance, and I took the ball from him.

Now, Ness is blowing this incident out of proportion because of his 'majesty' Kaiser.

"Hey, get your hands off him, you jerk!" Raichi shoves Ness, taking my side.

"What does Aoi's little pet want?" Ness retorts menacingly.

Raichi lets out a nervous laugh. "Coming from the guy who's Kaiser's shadow 24/7?"

Ness opens his mouth to respond, but Noa intervenes. "Stop, Ness. Aoi didn't do anything. So shut up and get back to your position."

"But-" Noa's stern glare silences him, and Ness complies.

"Aoi did well. He made himself invisible on the pitch. Back to the game." Noa declares before blowing the whistle to resume play.

~

"I had no idea you could play like that, Aoi-kun." Isagi approaches me, drying his hair with a towel.

Ness's shouting had irritated me, so I decided to give my all in the game, and we won. It's annoying to be benched, so I hope my performance in this training match will earn me a spot in the next one.

"Yeah, why don't you play like this every time?" Yukimiya chimes in.

I shrug. "It's exhausting, and it makes me sweat. Plus, I don't like smelling bad." I grab my towel and gather my things, heading to the bathroom. "Excuse me, I'm going to take a shower."

After turning off the water, I quickly wrap a towel around my chest, pushing my wet hair back. As I reach for the door, it slams shut, and I'm pushed back inside.

My heart races, startled by the sudden move. "What the-" I start to say, but Raichi places his hand over my mouth, gesturing me to be quiet.

I hear voices entering the bathroom, and then the sound of water running. "What are you doing?!" I whisper, annoyed.

"Were you really about to leave the shower like that?" Raichi raises an eyebrow, pointing at my chest.

"I thought everyone had already showered."

"Well, it looks like you didn't check properly." He rolls his eyes.

I lean against the cold wall and glance at Raichi, who isn't wearing anything except a towel around his hips.

"What?" He leans against the door, facing me and crossing his arms.

"What? What?" I quickly shift my gaze to my nails.

"Why were you looking at me?" He smirks.

"Pfft. I wasn't." I force a fake laugh.

"I'm smokin' hot, so I don't blame you."

"You wish."

"I know you fell for me that day."

"What day?"

He raises his eyebrows suggestively. "The day we almost kissed."

He begins to move closer to me. "W-wait, what are you doing?" I raise my hands in front of me.

He leans over me, causing my hands to inadvertently touch his chest, and I quickly withdraw them.

I stare at my hands, avoiding his piercing amber eyes. His presence is intoxicating, making my knees turn to jelly.

I take a deep breath, attempting to regain my composure. "Could you, um, back up, please?" I stutter.

Raichi leans in, his lips dangerously close to mine. "Why? Am I bothering you?"

My eyes finally meet his. "Raichi, this is ridiculous." I stammer, trying to sound confident.

He chuckles softly, his voice low and seductive. "Is it now?"

I don't respond, mesmerized by his gaze. As his lips meet mine, I close my eyes and let him take the lead.

I wrap my arms around his neck as his kisses travel down my neck, causing me to tilt my head back.

Suddenly, a loud knock on the door startles me. "What the hell?" I whisper in fear.

"Whoever it is, you better have a good reason or you're in trouble." Raichi warns as he runs his hand through his hair.

I readjust my towel.

"You've been here a long time. Are you jerking off or what?" Igaguri jokes.

"Get lost! I'm coming."

As Igaguri footsteps fade away, I realize the other guys who were here earlier are gone. "Wait here, I'll bring you your clothes." Raichi says before opening the door, and I nod.

As soon as the door closes, I crouch down, placing both hands on my head. "Oh my god," I mutter to myself, smiling, replaying the kiss in my mind.