CHAPTER 8 - DONGA-POLICE

CHAPTER 8 – DONGA POLICE

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

- Sun Tzu

RECAP:

The following day, Karna unexpectedly encounters the girl he met at the police station. Karna asks for her name after realising he had forgotten to do so. With a soft smile, she replies, "Dharani." Engaging in light conversation, they delve into the DNA results obtained from the previous forest murder. As they examine the DNA, it matches a past case filed years before. Karna's eyes are drawn to a file that lies next to him. The contents of the file reveal information on a retired detective, labelled as the "INFAMOUS DETECTIVE." After a lengthy discussion between Dharani and Karna, they finally came up with the idea of meeting him. With the help of the file's contents, they were able to get to the detective's house. Dharani emphasised the escalating number of killings and the urgency of putting an end to the violence. Nevertheless, their plea was ignored, and the detective stuck to his denial. Hoping to distract Karna from the case and provide a little respite, Dharani surprises him with a visit to a mall. However, their leisurely stroll takes an unexpected turn when the mall suddenly falls into chaos.

STORY CONTINUES:

The sound of resounding gunfire and cries for mercy intensify the senses of the terrified and confused audience, causing them to shiver. The entire mall is packed with criminals and cops. In an attempt to figure out the mystery surrounding their involvement in the horrific game, Karna and Dharani are running around looking for a place to hide. The smell of sadness and fear fills the air. Each passing moment is fraught with danger as the robbers and the police clash, their actions mirroring the sinister design. The shopping mall turns into a war zone with glass breaking, gun smoke, and flashing lights. The participants, both thieves and police officers, starts to display their skills as they move towards each other, each driven by their own survival instincts and goals.

The cat-and-mouse chase between the thieves and the police becomes a display of cruelty, with the boundaries of morality blurred in the face of survival. Watching that atmosphere, Karna and Dharani cling to each other, their hearts pounding in their chests. The mall, once a symbol of luxury and joyous laughter, has now transformed into a twisted arena of fear and survival.

After half an hour of intense chaos and clashes between the robbers and cops in the mall, a police officer takes a shot at one of the robbers. Fuelled by fear for his own life, the officer quickly approaches the fallen body. The lights in the mall turned off suddenly, visibility was poor, and the officer's heart pounded in his chest as he lit his torch to get a better look. To his shock and horror, the officer discovers that the robber's lips have been sewn shut, rendering him unable to speak. The rifle has been mercilessly nailed to his hand, turning him into a mere puppet in this twisted game. As the officer's gaze falls upon the robber's pocketbook, his heart sinks. It's his family's pocketbook, a stark reminder that this man was once an innocent victim, forced into participating in this sadistic game.