CHAPTER 9 - VENGEANCE

CHAPTER 9 – VENGEANCE

Vengeance is the folly of the rash. In moments of injury, reflection tempers the urge for revenge.

- Cicero

RECAP:

The shopping mall turns into a war zone with glass breaking, gun smoke, and flashing lights. The participants, both thieves and police officers, starts to display their skills as they move towards each other, each driven by their own survival instincts and goals. One of the criminals approaches Karna and Dharani menacingly and points a revolver at them, sending chills down their spines. Without a moment's hesitation, Karna springs into action, engaging in a fierce struggle with the armed criminal. Karna begins fighting without a second thought, determined to protect himself and Dharani. As the lights flicker back on during this battle, Karna catches the startling details: the criminal's sewn-up lips and his gun that was forcefully placed to his hands. The criminal reveals throughout their talk that he and the others were forced into playing this role, and if they didn't kill or try to hide, their families would be no more. The remained police officer is approached by the game initiator, who declares him the winner. Nevertheless, he falsely alleges that the officer cheated by posing as an actual police officer during the game, ruining the victory. The announcer gives the person a kick that knocks his cap off. As Karna spots the fallen hat, his eyes enlarge, realising that the policeman is, in fact, the detective he's been interacting with previously.

STORY CONTINUES:

Every day, Karna battles a nightmare from his past, struggling to forget memories that haunt him endlessly. The past that he is so scared of is the beginning of his story. The past opens with fear and blood. One day deep in the darkness of the cave, Karna and his brother sought refuge, their hearts heavy with fear and despair. The eerie echoes of dying cries and the sight of blood-soaked surroundings intensified their terror, creating a chilling atmosphere that surrounded them. Outside, a relentless killer wielding an axe, mercilessly slaughtering innocent children. The killer is playing a game of hide-and-seek with the children. The children must hide; if they get caught, they will die. Suddenly, Karna's brother caught the faint sound of the approaching killer's footsteps. Realizing the imminent danger, they wasted no time and fled, desperately running for their lives. The killer's eyes were focused on them both, and he raced away at them. There were multiple children trying to escape, but he killed them all who got in his way mercilessly.

Their desperate escape led them to the edge of a cliff, an extremely wide depth that offered no escape. With nowhere left to run, Karna and his brother stood on the edge, their hearts pounding in their chests. Both of their brains freeze in terror and helplessness as the killer closes in on them, his laughter echoing through the air. But in a tragic twist of fate, Karna's brother, consumed by anger and blame, turned on him. With a furious shout, "It's all because of you," he pushed Karna off the cliff, sentencing him to a seemingly certain death. As Karna fell into the depths, he caught a glimpse of his brother's face, twisted in rage, and heard his final words accusing him of responsibility.