Chapter 3

Inside professor Walsh's university office, Buffy has arranged a meeting between the assassins and Initiative. Dayne and Rhys meet with Professor Walsh, Riley and Graham. Everyone in civilian clothing for the setting.

Buffy and Giles stand on the sidelines wanting to discuss the recent events.

Dayne and Professor Walsh shake hands.

"Dayne of the assassin order."

"Maggie Walsh head of the initiative." Walsh says. "Forgive me if I end up not disclosing much else. But we'll see where this meeting takes us."

Walsh looks at Rhys, recognizing him from around campus. "Professor." She says.

Rhys gives a slight nod.

"As I understand it you fight against the forces of darkness and perform experimentation?" Dayne asks skeptically.

"Research." Walsh corrects.

"I hope you understand, I don't wish to offend but if you're researching to understand evil then I'm not sure we have the same goal." Dayne says.

Walsh gives a look to Graham.

"We research to kill evil Mr. Dayne. The data we collect is put towards advancing our weaponry." Walsh assures.

"Not all of us can get good with a blade." Riley says.

"And these inhibitor chips?" Rhys asks.

"The inhibitor chips make it safer for us when the sub-terrestrials-" Walsh stops herself when she realizes Rhys and Dayne don't know the term.

"Sub-terrestrials are bad guys." Buffy interjects. "I'm learning."

"Right, the inhibitor chip makes it safer for us when they're in our custody." Walsh says.

"I understand." Dayne says. "And after hearing it from you I'm confident we can cooperate. We have no interest in interrupting your research if it is as you say and hopefully you would share your findings with us."

Walsh gives a ambiguous nod.

"Our only mission is finding and eliminating the fallen slayer, Octavia." Dayne says.

Rhys and Buffy exchange a look.

"What about Spike and Olmec?" Giles finally speaks.

"Sorry, Buffy, who is this?" Walsh asks.

"He's a watcher." Buffy says.

"He watches what?" Walsh asks.

"Me, the library." Buffy says confidently with no context.

"He watches the library?" Walsh asks.

"No, he's a librarian." Buffy says.

"Right." Walsh says.

"I can speak for myself I'm Rupert Giles." Giles says as he shakes an unimpressed Walsh's hand.

"Spike has a chip implant he's by all accounts harmless now." Riley says.

"But his plans might not be." Giles replies.

"I can handle spike." Buffy says.

"Olmec is another story. He's our top priority right now." Walsh says.

"What were your men doing disturbing its lair?" Dayne asks. "You must know to detain and study a demon of that sort would be extremely dangerous."

Rhys cuts in.

"They thought it was a nest of vampires, they didn't know." Rhys says reiterating the story he was told.

Walsh looks at Graham who gives her a nod.