Chapter 4

Inside Giles' house Willow and Giles research Olmec.

"Ιt nests near the hellmouth always." Giles says. "These ancient demons always do."

"Hey maybe I can use a demon locator spell." Willow adds.

"Let's not get carried away just yet." Giles says.

"Not get carried away? A giant bat is flying around out there." Willow says.

Buffy storms in.

"Buffy tell Giles I'm not getting carried away." Willow says.

"Giles, I'm not getting carried away." Buffy says. "I'm going to go to the hellmouth."

Giles gives dumbfounded look.

"Buffy I-"

"You don't have to come with me it's just something I have to check." Buffy says. "In the meantime will you two research the ritual that opens the hellmouth? Just humor me."

Giles and Willow agree.

"Great." Buffy says about to leave.

Xander storms in the room excitedly. "Guess who's joining the initiative!"

Buffy's eyes narrow. "Absolutely not." Buffy states before exiting the house.

Buffy ventures off into the night towards the hellmouth.

Riley patrols with Forest and Graham, they each hold sensors to try and get the location of Olmec or Octavia.

Riley stops, his mind still fixed on Buffy.

"Something wrong?" Forrest asks.

"Listen, I need a favor from you guys." Riley starts. "I need to go to the old sunnydale high school, Buffy mentioned it earlier. I'm worried something might happen to her."

"Thats way out of our sector." Graham says.

"I'll go myself, I just need you to cover for me." Riley pleads. "If someone is still in the sector they may not notice."

Forrest and Graham finally agree.

"Try and make it fast." Graham says. "And keep your coms open just in case."

"Thanks guys." Riley says.

"Man Walsh is gonna have our asses." Forrest jokes.

Riley runs off.

—-

At the Crawford mansion, the assassins get ready to patrol in units.

Rhys talks to Dayne separately while Naomi playfully nudges Peter.

"Ouch, stop." Peter says.

Naomi continues play fighting with him.

"You think your so tough with that spear." Naomi jokes.

Rhys finishes with Dayne and walks over to Naomi and Peter.

Naomi is upbeat and giddy.

"You ready?" Naomi asks flashing her eyelashes.

"You guys go ahead you know your areas." Rhys says.

"Where are you going?" Peter asks.

"There's one lead I want to look into then I'll catch up later." Rhys says.

"We can come with you..." Naomi says.

"That's all right, we'll cover more ground this way." Rhys says as he approaches the ledge of the Crawford mansion and does a leap of faith off of it.