Chapter 6

As night fell the initiative and assassins fortified the hellmouth and prepped to send out small patrolling units.

Giles reads out a list of patrolling pairs.

"So, Rhys, Riley and Xander will stay here under Professor Walsh's leadership to oversee preparations." Giles says. "Then we have myself, Dayne and Forrest. Peter and Graham. That leaves Buffy and Naomi."

Buffy and Naomi both have the same annoyed look. Giles smiles nervously.

"Right lets get them out there, not too long." Walsh commands. "Remember we're looking for any sign of Octavia or where she may be gathering her forces."

Buffy comes up to Giles. "Very interesting choices."

"Well its important to mingle." Giles says.

"Where's Willow?" Buffy asks.

"She's at my place with our friend. Looking over the spell to find out the specifics." Giles says.

Buffy looks over at Naomi then back to Giles. "I think for once I'd rather be with Spike."

—-

Willow mulls over the books and texts regarding the hellmouth ritual while Spike sits with his feet up pretending to help.

"But what exactly makes worthy sacrifice?" Willow asks.

"God Red how many times are you going to ask that?" Spike says taking out a cigarette and lighter.

"No smoking!" Willow says.

Spike sighs. "Maybe I should just jump on a stake right now. I can't stay cooped up in here."

"Its only been a couple of days." Willow says.

"Yeah, well, trying being here when Giles clips his toenails." Spike says. "Or worse, reads the English classics out loud."

"Ew." Willow says. "Well, not the reading so much as the clipping part."

"Ew is right which is why I need a smoke. So, sod off." Spike says lighting the cigarette anyway. He takes a deep drag.

Willow coughs viciously.

"See, now I can be of use." Spike says.

—-

Xander, now in some camouflage helps the other initiative soldiers prepare defenses around the decrepit building.

"Xander, come help me with this." Riley says.

Xander and Riley climb on a short ladder to install a small camera.

Rhys walks over in full assassin garb with his sword in its sheath.

"Quite the soldier now aren't we, Xander." Rhys says.

"Yep, I've gone full Apocalypse Now." Xander says.

Everyone takes a second and remembers the actual part of the movie. (Almost everyone goes insane)

"Marlon Brando or Martin Sheen." Riley asks.

Xander thinks more about the movie. Either or seems bad.

"Never mind thats a bad reference." Xander says.

They finish up and step down from the ladder.

"Now help the others in B sector." Riley says.