⚘ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐊

𝟒 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟏𝟒𝟗

"Prisoner 295, stand against the wall." A loud voice was heard from outside the cell door, waking up the young criminal from her nap. Slowly, her eyes opened, and she immediately shut them because of how blinding the lights were. She blinked a few times, adjusting her eyes to the bright room, and sat up from her surprisingly comfortable position.

Suddenly, a harsh, loud bang at her cell door made her quickly get up from her stiff bed. She yawned as she cracked her neck and brushed down a bit of her messy hair. A blaring buzz was heard, meaning the door was unlocked. Groggily, she walked over and leaned against the gray wall with her arms crossed.

The cell door opened, and a guard walked in with the same usual stern look on his face. The young brunette immediately glared at the sight of him. Johnsson-that was his name-the young girl hated that man with a fucking passion.

Johnsson was almost like her own guard. Every time she was outside of her cell, he was there. Hell, he even stands outside of her cell because, according to the chancellor "she's very dangerous" and "can't be left alone". They both hated each other equally and couldn't stand each other.

The death glare on her face instantly softened when Johnsson moved to the side and revealed another guard. Her favorite guard, Lorenzo Evergreen, the co-chief, and most importantly, her father. "You have ten minutes." Johnsson declared as he grabbed the door to the cell.

"Quiet, Johnsson. Get back to work." The co-chief responded with annoyance as he glared at the obviously annoyed guard. Johnsson quickly looked down at the floor, not wanting to face his chief's stare.

"Yes, sir." He muttered back, giving one last look at the father and daughter before he slammed the cell door shut.

The man looked back at his daughter, who was already looking at him, and both of their faces instantly broke into grins. He chuckled slightly before holding out his arms. She practically jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms around him tightly, burying her head into his chest. Lorenzo immediately did the same and smiled as he rested his chin on top of his daughter's head.

"I've missed you so much, dad." The young girl mumbled against his chest.

"I missed you too, my little butterfly." He smiled, calling her the nickname he had given her years ago. His eyes wandered around the walls of her cell, which were filled with drawings of butterflies, of her mother, and of him. Over the past year, she had started drawing because what else could she do in that small cell? His eyes watered as he held his daughter, like it was the end of the world.