𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭

Hey all! This is the first chapter of "The NFL Caregiver," I hope you all enjoy it! This will be a little backstory on the night of Josh's brain injury leading him off the field and going to the emergency room. There will be a lot of crying in this, it is indeed very heartbreaking and sad for not knowing what to do nor wondering if your boyfriend is going to survive. I'll give a few warnings before we start in case anyone is uncomfortable, for now, let's enjoy the story information!

Warnings:
Fear of needles
Hospital rooms
Crying
Accidents
CPR
Ambulance

Prompt: January 2nd changed your life forever. As soon as you didn't see Josh move once he got tackled after that play, you knew something wasn't right. Immediately going onto the field, you had to perform CPR along with the other emergency services on call for a couple minutes until Josh was semi-conscious again. But who knew, once he woke up, everything would change. From endless crying throughout being on the cart, in the ambulance, and hospital room, your heart felt so sad when you couldn't comfort him. It was like he didn't know what was going on and the way he was acting was so childlike that you'd never expect from him...your motherly caregiving tendencies showed when you knew he was going to be your little boy.

Now lets see where this brings us!

January 2nd
Bengals vs Bills game

It was an intense game of Monday Night Football on a winter evening in January. Josh is the head quarterback for the bufffalo bills team, and with all the fame & glorious good looks, the game looked like it would have a nice ending with a win. My had front row/ field seats to cheer on her boyfriend of three years during the game, its always an adventure dating a well known star athlete. Seeing Josh do his best so far throughout the game makes you have "proud momma moments" as you snap a few pictures for instagram.

At a brief halftime, Josh had stepped off the field for some water while making his way back towards you. "You're doing awesome babe, you got this! You all do!" Yin cheered as the team cheered along. "Thanks babe." He replied, kissing your cheek. "Go out there and get 'em tiger!" You smiled, giving his a hug, as he hugged you back quickly and then going to the head coach.

You had met Josh in your sophomore year of college, and since day one, you knew it would last forever, what you didn't expect was how your relationship was going to last, definitely not husband and wife...

After halftime, the team made their way back onto the field. All in position and ready to resume, Josh got prepared as the ball was coming for him. Quickly running down the field near the 25yd line, he was just about to pass it to Damar for a touchdown, when all of the sudden, "RAM", a huge linebacker ran right into Josh as he tumbled down onto the ground. The whole stadium gasped as the play was out of line and lost.

Nobody knew what happened yet until they didn't see Josh get up fast enough to let everyone know he was okay. And now you, being his girlfriend, this worried you a lot! The while sideline was frozen until the coach made his way quickly to where Josh was. Running behind him slightly, you caught up to Josh just before he did. Going on your knees now, you checked his heartbeat and nose to see if he was even breathing.

"I-I can't find a pulse!" You said nervously, EMTs on their way with their med kits and gurney. They came in a hurry while getting their supplies out for CPR. Unfortunately, they had backed you up because you started giving compressions and blowing into Josh's mouth but nothing was happening. Hopping off of him, the EMTs took over as they heard a faint pulse and went into action.

"Please be okay honey, please be okay." Yn sighed, rocking back and forth while kissing his hand. In the meantime, the Bengals & the Bills were all on a knee for their fallen teammate. You knew football could be extreme, but you never realize it until its your own family.