chapter 11

Samantha

"I don't believe you." I stated and folded my arms across my chest.

Does he think I'm that stupid that I'd believe what he told me.

"Sam, please." His tears almost convinced me but there was no way that his ex could have kissed him with force. He's stronger than her.

"I love you Sam, I'd never hurt you like that-"

"Liar." I cut Noah off and continued walking, I won't believe him, he's lying, he's lying, he's lying.

I only stop walking when I see Matthew and Michaela hugging in front of her locker.

Am I dreaming? Or did they make up?

They pulled away and Matthew walked away while Ela saw me and smiled, but her face fell when she saw me, specifically, my tears.

"What happened?" Her question got answered when she looked behind me and Noah's voice sounded, "I'm not lying, okay!" His voice rose as he continued talking, "Naomi cheated on me when we were together and I told you that it wasn't serious relationship, she always tried to force me things that I didn't want, why would I kiss her?"

He stopped when Michaela stepped in front of me.

"I'm not lying." His voice broke and I had an urge to pull him into my chest and stroke his hair, tell him I believe him and kiss his head but there was still a picture of him kissing his ex in my mind.

How am I supposed to know if he's lying or not.

After minutes of silence, Noah finally walked away, realizing I wouldn't say a thing.

And my heart clenched in my chest, letting me know I made a mistake.

Matthew

I couldn't stop my heart beating in my chest. I was so excited for today.

I was going to spend time with her again.

After 5 years. She was here. With me. And she cared about me.

"Hey, Tony." My head snapped up at the name.

It was the boy that Michaela and her friend came with on the party.

Is he her boyfriend? I really don't think so.

"You look bad, she didn't believe you?" The guy named Tony said, who was sitting in front of me in class and was talking with the guy that sat next to him.

"No." Another guy replied and his voice seemed broken.

"I'm sorry man." He patted the guy's back as the teacher walked in.

Michaela

I felt bad that I was in a good mood because how Sam is suffering. After I told her about Matthew, she insisted that I spend time with him even though I wanted to stay with her.

"Earth to Ela." I smiled hearing the voice that I love the most.

His voice changed over the years obviously but for the better.

It was like a melody for my ears.

"Yes Matthew?" He caught up to me and tilted his head, "I'm taking you home." I nodded my head.

----&&&&----

Matthew's house wasn't the same. It looked disgusting. But I know it's only because his father doesn't do anything.

There's probably a month old dirty dishes.

"This way."

Matthew lead the way to his bedroom.

When he pushed open the door, Caroline sat at his bed. "Finally, you're home." She groaned.

"Well, just because you miss the school when you want to doesn't mean I'll do the same." Matthew replied and held the door open, motioning for Caroline to walk out.

Her eyes however, darted to me and she smirked. "Oh, hello there, again."

So she remembers me.

"I remember you from yesterday but not sure how, are we friends? Is that why you're here?" She asked me but looked at Matthew.

"No. She's my best friend." Matthew replied and I smiled involuntarily.

Caroline chuckled and got up to her feet. "There's no way you, Matthew Jones, made a friend, let alone a best friend in two days."

I don't know why but she was getting on my nerves.

"Well, you better believe than because it's true." I replied with a fake smile and looked around Matthew's room.

Caroline muttered something under he breath as she walked out.

"Sorry about her, she's just used to being spoiled."

Matthew closed the door and leaned against it.

My eyes made contact with Mickey and I turned to him with a grin. "How's Mickey?"

Matthew walked to where it was sat on the top of his wardrobe and picked it up in his arms. "Great now that he sees you." He replied as he turned the toy so it was facing me.

"But he missed his best friend just like me." Matthew and I chuckled. "Minnie missed him too just like me." I answered.

----&&&----

It was getting dark and I was getting ready to leave when Caroline walked in without knocking and smiled at Matthew. "Guess what?"

"What?" Matthew asked and you could tell from his tone that he was bothered.

"My friend send me videos about yesterday, there's so many funny things in here, I've been laughing for an hour and wanted to show you."

"About party?" He asked.

She nodded her head and started random video on her phone. I didn't pay much attention and was about to say goodbye to Matthew when certain voice gained my attention.

It was Noah's.

I walked closer to the phone and peered in to see some girl forcing herself on Noah.

He was telling the truth.

"Hey, can you send me that video?" I asked and both Matthew and Caroline stared at me.

"Why?" They both asked at the same time.

"Because that guy is my best friend's boyfriend."