Chapter 18

Matthew

The dinner with Ms. Brown didn't go bad. I don't know why but I was expecting for her to hate me because of what happened between her husband and my mom, I mean, even my dad hates me.

But she was actually nice. And loving. Reminded me of my mom for a min.

"Matthew?" Michaela asked from beside me, we were sitting on her bed.

"Your mom's not worried now that you have a boy in your bed?"

Ela chuckled and shrugged. "I guess she was worried I'd be with someone and not you. She trusts you."

I rose and eyebrow, "but she hasn't seen me for years."

"I don't know Matthew. She's downstairs go ask." Ela laid down on the bed and hugged her pillow. "I love my pillow."

"Really?" I asked lying next to her.

"Yes. It's cozy." She tightened her arms around it and I got jealous of a non breathing thing. A pillow.

We were silent for a moment until her phone rang, she jumped out of bed literally and ran towards the desk in the corner of room where her phone laid.

"Sam?" She asked and went to bathroom to talk. Privacy.

I stared at ceiling not knowing what to do.

I'm worried about Caroline. She can't be with that guy, I forgot his name.

He's not the right type. Maybe she should've stayed with her mom.

The bathroom door opened and Michaela came out with a relieved expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "I mean, you seem okay, what did she tell you?"

"That she found me a date." She joked and plopped down on the bed.

I hope that was a joke.

Ela laughed at me expression and shook her head, "it's just she had to tell something important to her boyfriend and it went well."

"And what about the date?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck. I wanted to be the one dating Ela. I didn't know how to ask. I've never asked anyone out. Ever.

Ela pouted and turned her back towards me, "no one wants to date me."

"That's not true."

"How do you know?"

"Because I-" I paused.

Am I really going to say it?

Scratch that. Of course I will.

I'll say what I want.

"I want to." I admitted.

Ela turned around and chuckled, "what do you mean Matthew?"

I cleared my throat and sat up, "I want to date you. I want to be your boyfriend and you my girlfriend."

Ela's eyes widen like she wasn't expecting this at all. And I felt heat rising on my face. She's definitely going to reject me.

"Ela?" I asked. I can't wait. I want to know what she's saying. Thinking.

"You really want to be my boyfriend?" She asked shifting closer to me.

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"I feel like you should know that I've never had a girlfriend though, so you need to be a little patient with me." I added.

Ela grinned and kissed my cheek. I need to stop blushing every time she kisses me.

"I haven't either." She replied.

"You mean, you never had a boyfriend?" I asked, hopeful. I've spend some time when I was away worrying that she'd find someone much better than me.

"Nope. Never kissed anyone either."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. "Me neither."

"Seriously?" She asked and I chuckled, "you think I'd let someone who's not you touch me?"

She shrugged and I couldn't stop myself from crushing my lips to hers.