Chapter 17

Michaela

"You okay, Sam?" I ask her as we meet each other after our second class.

"I, I don't know." She sighed. Today, whole day she felt different, there was something up but I don't understand why wouldn't she tell me?

We knew everything about each other. Bad, good and traumatizing.

"I met Noah's brother this morning." My head snapped to her at her words.

"Is that bad?" I asked, continue to walk.

"You remember my ex-" I stopped talking and looked at het with a glare, even though it's not her that I was mad at but her ex.

"Don't tell me it's him." I said, having a feeling that's why Sam brought it up because she's never talked about him after what happened.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked down, "I don't know what I'm going to do."

No way. My heart skipped a beat when I realized how my best friend must be feeling now.

"Oh, Sam." I wrapped my arms around her and she started crying. "I don't know how to tell Noah."

"You should, you know that right? You have to." He has to know what kind of person his brother is.

"What if he doesn't believe me?" Sam asked wiping at her eyes.

I pulled away and patted her shoulder, "then he doesn't deserve you."

-----&&&----

I sighed thinking about Sam. I told her I could go with her if she wanted while she talked to Noah but she said she had to do it herself.

And now I'm going to worry about her until she calls me.

"You here or somewhere in your imagination? I really hope when you fantasize, you fantasize about me and not other men."

"What?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Eric nudged my shoulder smirking.

I was waiting for Matthew outside the school as he said Caroline got into trouble and he had to fix it.

"Leave me alone, Eric." I say bored and turn around walking towards the school. Maybe I should wait inside.

"Why, Ela? Waiting for someone else, Matthew Jones maybe?!" He questioned with gritted teeth and anger laced with his tone.

Why is he calling me Ela? He's never done that before. Probably heard when Matthew called me.

"It's none of your business." I reply honestly. Why does he care what I do and who am I waiting for?

"Yes. It is. I'm your boyfriend -"

I laughed sarcastically, hearing him. I stopped walking and tilted my head, "are you for real right now? Go away, Eric! Leave me alone!"

I started walking again but my hand was grabbed from behind. I let out a cry of pain as he was gripping it really hard.

"You're hurting me."

Eric turned me around forcefully and pulled me closer to him, "really? And what do you think you were doing second ago? I love you, Michaela, always have but you don't give me a minute of your life."

I yanked my hand out of his grip and chuckled humorlessly, taking a step back I said "you love me? Seriously? You loved me all this time huh? How long? Two years? 3 years-"

"From the beginning of freshman year."

"Are you kidding me?! You know how many girls you've made out with in school halls since freshman year, countless! And you say you loved me, what an actual joke of the year."

Eric's jaw clenched, his eyes darted to my lips and I stepped back more.

"Leave me alone, Eric." I said trying to avoid him but somehow he was always around me.

"Come on, Ela, just one kiss."

"Don't call me that!" I snapped and turned around, he was right in front of me now, smirking, he reached out his hand to grab my waist but a cold threatening voice behind him stopped him.

"Don't touch her!"

I heaved a sigh of relief hearing Matthew's voice.

Eric looked behind him and lifted his hands up in surrender, "don't worry, I'm not going to steal her from you."

You couldn't even if you wanted to. I thought and rolled my eyes, Matthew joined and stood beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, I nodded my head.

"Of course she's fine. What do you think I am, a monster?"

"Go away!" I gritted out and Eric chuckled.

"I'm waiting for someone love, just like you." He whistled and just then Caroline appeared coming out from the school building, Eric saw her and waved. "How are you girlfriend?"

My eyes widen and Matthew fisted his palms, "Caroline? What is he talking about?"

She didn't answer, just went to Eric and hold his hand,

"he's my boyfriend, I think you heard him."

Matthew chuckled bitterly and tilted his head, "don't talk nonsense, let's go. You don't want a guy like that." It seemed like there was a hidden message behind his words but Caroline shook her head.

"You don't know what I want." With that she walked away with Eric.