Chapter 3: Husband and wife

Dallia was stirring deep into the mirror. She was looking into her future as Mrs Landor. May her bestfriend walked into the room." What are you daydreaming about beautiful Mrs Landor" she said jokingly. Dallia let out a sigh of distress and May immediately knew that something was wrong. She went over and sat next to Dallia on the bed.
' Tell me what's wrong. I have known you long enough to know when something is disturbing you' May said with a heart full of concern and love.
'What if he doesn't like me' said Dallia with wide puppy eye.
'Are you afraid that he won't like you or that you won't like him? This type of marriage is not one that starts with love. You have to build the love and let it grow like a seed of barley. You just have to grab it by the horns and lead it to where you want it go. And besides I will be here with you when you need me. And don't cry because it's will mess up your makeup. ' Said May in her best attempts to calm down her best friend who was like a sister to her.
Dallia pulled in May for a hug and they exchanged whispers of I love you's. Bania walked into the and complemented Dallia and kissed her forehead. ' It's time' said Bania as to mark the start of a new life for her daughter.
Bania led Dallia down the stairwell of the church while Priscilla her handmaid was holding the train of her veil and May was hold her bouquet of flowers. Dallia could see her siblings and she gave them each a hug and when the time came to hug Alet, her dear sister gave way to tears and couldn't control her emotions. Dallia then came close to her father who place a kiss on her cheek and lowed the veil onto her face.
The door to the church hall were opened and the music began to play. Dallia felt a pit in her stomach as she walked down the isle with her father's hand leading her. She felt everyone's eyes on her. She knew this even if she was facing downwards. As they arrived at the end of the isle she felt her father let go of her hand and hand it over to Lincoln. His hands were soft and yet cold. She looked at him and he nearly gave way to a smile.
They faced the priest and he called out for silence in the hall.
' Dearly beloved we are gathered here to unite this man and woman in the presence of the lord, the law and his Majesty the King and his people' he said as he started to recite some bible text and sermons. At last he finally said ' Will you Lincoln Landor take Dallia Greenhill to be your lawfully wedded..' he was cut of by Lincoln who quickly said I do and placed a rose gold ring on Dallia's finger. It was gorgeous. The priest then turned to Dallia and said ' Do you Dallia Greenhill take Lincoln Landor to be your lawfully wedded husband in sick and in health, in poverty and fame, in all stages of life for as long as you shall live in full loyalty' the priest said in hurringly afraid that he would get cutoff again. 'I do' said Dallia as she slid the ring she got for Lincoln onto his finger.
' I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.' and a deefing silence echoed in the hall. Lincoln lifted up Dallia's veil and he began to move closer to her face. Dallia closed her eyes awaiting the impact of Lincoln's lips on hers. But to a not surprising shock he kissed her on the cheek and the hall was full of cheers.
It was evening during the sunset, everyone was fed and getting drank with all the wine and liquor. A man walked up to the table and whispered something into Lincoln's ear. Lincoln nodded and got up from his chair and the music changed to slow romance peace. Lincoln extended his hand toward Dallia in terms of asking her to dance. Dallia extended her hand and Lincoln led them to the dance floor. Lincoln placed his hand on her waist and placed her hands on his shoulders.
Other couples came and joined on the dance floor and it felt like a ball. Lincoln said ' Tell me about yourself ' Dallia was shocked and asked' Are you asking me?' to which Lincoln replied 'Of course I am talking to you. Who else am I meant to ask if not you? The only thing I know you like is riding and reading. Tell me more'. Dallia smiled shyly and said' I also like to play piano and gardening along with cooking and playing croche' Lincoln replied dazzlingly 'Well then you must let me taste your cooking when we have the time'
Dallia giggled and the dance was over. But as Dallia sat down the sad reality hit her. Tomorrow was her farewell for home.