Chapter 5: Read to me

Early the next morning, few minutes before sunrise, Dallia was startled awake by a horse neighing outside. She looked through the window of her bedroom and she saw Lincoln exiting the chariot and she immediately rushed down stairs.
She run down but didn't reach the last steps because she nearly bumped into Lincoln on her way down. ' Are you ok?' she asked with a shiver in her voice. ' You are awake' Lincoln said trying to avoid her question. 'Should I tell Betty to warm your food up? 'asked Dallia as she shivered mostly from the weather outside. 'Come with me' he said as he extended his hands.
Dallia was then led to the courtyard behind the house that she hadn't gotten to see. 'Lincoln it's cold here. What do you want me to see' Dallia then saw a white horse in front of her and she gasped. The horse was beautiful. Dallia run toward the horse and gently graced it's head' she's beautiful ' she said. ' How did you know it was a female? ' Lincoln asked as he was dazed by Dallia's smile.' I know an elegant beautiful lady when I see one' she said. Lincoln laughed and continued ' let's have breakfast outside. Something like a picnic just the two of us and the horses'. To this Dallia smiled and agreed. ' Give me an hour to prepare' she said as she ran towards the kitchen. She quickly told Priscilla and the other maids help pack up for the picnic while she prepared her apple cinnamon oatmeal pie.
    She prepared it in less than 25 minutes and left it in the oven under the care of Annalise while she went to get dressed and take a shower. She wore a light pink laced dress with pink belt below her breast line. She passed through kitchen and grabbed the picnic blanket and Priscilla grabbed the basket. They exited from kitchen exit and met Lincoln who was preparing the horses. Lincoln helped Dallia onto her horse and told her to rid with picnic blanket. Lincoln carried the picnic basket and rod off to the pecker hill with Dallia riding ahead of him.
   They arrived at the hill and tied their horses to an oaktree. They sat down, not too far away from the horses, under an umbrella tree. They laid down the blanket and Dallia unpacked the picnic basket. Lincoln exclaimed that he was dying with hunger which made Dallia giggle and she cut him a piece of the pie she prepared.
       Lincoln then took a bite of it. 'Wow' he said 'did lady Betty make this is pie?'. ' No she didn't. I did' said  Dallia. 'Well then, comments to the chef. Now tell me what do you plan on naming your horse?' said Lincoln with a mouth full of pie. ' I will name her Lin. Just the like the horse of the lady in the book I am reading'. ' Read to me ' said Lincoln in a comendaring voice. ' Which part would you like?'she said knowing it was just the two of them around. ' Start with the title, skip the prologue and move to chapter 1' Lincoln said this as if had everything planned out. Lincoln then moved over and placed his head on Dallia's lap. She smile and started with the title 'rebels'.
   She read the book and Lincoln looked lost in the words. Dallia reached chapter 2. Dallia "mistakenly" placed her hand on Lincoln's forehead. Lincoln then opened his eyes 'Who said you can stop reading '
       'Sorry you just looked so peaceful. I will continue..' Lincoln cut her off and placed her hand on to his forehead. 'You can keep your hand there but you must continue reading and that's an order'
   Dallia was just about to start reading chapter 4 when it started to run. Lincoln immediately woke up and they packed up their picnic breakfast and rid off on their horses. Priscilla handed her master a towel and helped Dallia to dry up. Dallia placed the book near the fire place in her room so it could dry. After she had her bath and was changed, she picked it up and thought that she should go and finish reading the book to Lincoln.