VI. ʙᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ʀɪꜱɪɴɢ

ANNABEL LEE

ANNABEL LEE

006. BAD MOON RISING

season two, episodes one to four

────────

FEBRUARY 2010

ANNABEL THOUGHT THAT AFTER ALMOST BURNING TO DEATH SHE AND DAMON WOULD HAVE SOME PEACE. How naive she had been. The shitshow that was taking over Mystic Falls had only just begun. Mayor Lockwood was dead, Anna was dead, Caroline, Matt, and Tyler had been in a car accident, John Gilbert had been stabbed and Jeremy Gilbert had tried to overdose to the point of death. How romantic.

On the way to the hospital where Caroline had been admitted, Elena texted Annabel filling her in. "Did you know Tyler Lockwood was affected by the Gilbert Device?"

"Mayor Lockwood too," Damon shrugged. Something was off about him, Annabel could feel it. Something had happened when he went to talk to Elena, but she didn't want to pressure him into saying anything.

"Don't you wanna know why?"

"Yes, Bambi, I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that Bonnie let John Gilbert use against us," Damon said, a tad annoyed. Yep, something was definitely off about him.

The rest of the path to the hospital was in complete silence. When they arrived and saw Sheriff Forbes's face, she knew it was bad. Shit. She really liked the blonde.

She stifled a sob. "She's in surgery, it's-" Liz took a moment to breathe. "They're doing everything they can. I need your help, Damon."

"Sure, anything Liz," Damon said, and the Sherrif guided him away from Annabel.

They talked for a moment while Annabel picked on the skin of her thumb. After they hugged, Damon walked over to the brunette and explained. "The Sheriff wants me to deal with Mayor Lockwood's death."

Annabel looked at him, noticing he was weirdly worried. "What else?"

"Nothing," Damon muttered.

"Dracula," Annabel warned.

"Fine," he sighed. "I kinda kissed Elena."

Her eyes got impossibly wide as she yelled, "WHAT?"

"Shhh! We are in a hospital!" He shushed her.