Chapter 3: Mall Experience

Both Mitsuki and Pekora silently wondered what to do on this occasion. They got basically ditched by all of the 3rd generation, but they both wanted to try this opportunity to perhaps restart anew their relationship.

"So, what now?" Mitsuki inquired while walking along Pekora from a noticeable distance.

"I-I mean, I do need to buy some stuff, peko."

"Alright, I don't mind accompanying you."

Her verbal tic got more exaggerated when she was nervous, something she didn't realize.

They kept on walking through the street that led to the close shopping mall. The building itself was enormous compared to normal ones. This was amusing to Mitsuki since he hadn't been to a normal mall even once. Pekora, however, seemed to be a regular to this place and knew her way through.

While Mitsuki debated if they would go to a furniture shop or something along those lines, he was surprised when they stood at the entrance of a shop, which sign had a funny pun as its name.

"... What is this shop?"

"My personal heaven! The Prank Store!" Her eyes lit up as she signaled to the sign with her two arms.

"Alright, and you need to buy exactly?"

"I need to restore my prank items, of course. The headquarters aren't the same without my doings!" She seemed awfully proud of her comedy. Mitsuki responded with an unnoticeable sigh.

She entered the shop like a child, dashing through the hallways like there was no tomorrow and picking up almost everything in stock.

He found amusing seeing her bolt around the place, but what caught his attention the most was how the staff seemed to have dealt with this a lot of times already, this being signaled by their face of excruciating pain.

Some minutes later, Pekora went to pay and reached for her pocket. After pausing for a moment, she checked the other one to no avail and just stood there in silence before looking at Mitsuki.

"Fine, I'll pay for your stuff." He gave in after looking at her sad face.

In a blink of an eye, her expression did a 180° and looked with joy at Mitsuki.

"Thank you so much-peko!" She dashed for him before hugging him, which caused panic.

"Hey, you're too close." Mitsuki tried not to show anything.

Pekora broke her smile for a second to observe him for a moment before realizing she wasn't with one of her close friends.

She quickly pushed him away before running away to the bathroom flustered. Mitsuki paid for her stuff and left with it.

After a while, they reunited, and he gave her the stuff she bought. After walking for a bit, she realized that without her wallet, she couldn't do anything else, but before she could speak out, Mitsuki proposed an idea.

"Let's grab something to eat."

"I forgot my wallet, though. I don't want to leech of you more." She excused herself while pointing at the bag filled with prank items.

Mitsuki slightly smiled before speaking again.

"I don't mind paying for your food. Treat it as a kind of sorry for dodging both of your pranks."

She managed to squeak out a quick thanks before they went to the food court. They went and picked up their food before sitting on one of the tables.

"This is good-peko!" Pekora said while looking at her salad.