2| train ride

(Isabella's pov)

I sat there thinking I don't want to tell him it was the same as every other summer but I didn't have to say a word because he started to speak.

  Draco: I'm sorry I asked about your summer. I guess I forgot our one rule. That we don't talk about your summer. If we're not talking about your summer then I would like to know how my little angel is doing.

  It's fine you don't have to apologize and i'm doing fine but he knew that was a lie by the look on my face.

  Draco: Isabella avery Cortez please stop lying to me! I can tell by the look on your face that you're not fine. So what happened. Was it your father again. Did he say anything about you getting to see me again.

I can't ever lie to him about the stuff that happens with my father. Yes my lonely eyes. He said I bet you're ready to get back to your Draco Melfoy! He just sounded so smug I couldn't sit there and say nothing.

  Draco: You didn't tell him to shut up about talking about me did you.

  Sort of but not really. This is what I said father why don't you shut the hell up about Draco Malfoy for once!

  Draco: Why Isabella just why? What did he do.

  He got up from his chair at the kitchen table and came over to me. He said and i'm paraphrasing here You don't talk to me that way! We raised you better! You can't tell me to stop talking about Draco Malfoy because I can say what ever I want about him! I guess I need to teach you what respect towards your elders is little girl!

Draco: He didn't.

Oh yes he did Draco. I sat there thinking about how mad Draco looked at the thought of knowing without me even having to say it. What my stepfather did next.

Draco: He just took off his belt and beat you with it across your ass! I already know what you did!You just stood there not making a sound Because you didn't want anyone to come into the kitchen and help you! You need to stop thinking you can handle all the shit that your stepfather does to you by yourself! It hurts me to know that this stuff is happening to you and you're not getting help from the rest of your family.

  Draco my mother already has to deal with my three older siblings fighting will mostly my two brothers. She doesn't need to deal with my shit too. Also my sister already knows what is going on and said on the car ride to the train station if I need to talk about what happened this morning she'd be here for me. I can do that to her nor let my brother know that father beats me. It would break their hearts. Wait a second did I hear you say stepfather.

  Draco: You can't keep letting him do this to you. You need to get help. Yes I did say stepfather. I know you never wanted me to know that your siblings father wasn't your father but one day last year I overheard your sister telling her friends about how you guys were half siblings. I walked over and asked her about it. She told me about how your mother had an affair and found out she was pregnant with you. Also Crabbe and Goyle were with me when I found all this out. Are you mad at me.

  I'm not mad at you. Yes I didn't want you,Crabbe and Goyle to know but I'm happy you guys do. Also I don't need help. After this morning I refused to let my father break me down anymore. I've faced tragedy,felt pain and its only made me stronger now. Let it go now ok. I want to have a peaceful train ride to Hogwarts.

  Pansy: A peaceful train ride to Hogwarts. What happened already? Was it her stepfather?

  Narrator: Isabella and Draco turned to see the compartment door open and pansy standing there. Nobody spoke for a moment then Isabella said.

  It's nothing you need to worry about pansy. I'm fine. Please just put your stuff away and sit down.

Pansy: Draco what happened?

Draco: Sorry Izzy. I can't lie to her. Pansy this morning Izzy's father said what he always says about me and Izzy. Izzy couldn't sit there anymore just letting him talk bad about me so she said something and he didn't like that so he beat her.

Narrator: They hear oh no not again come from two voices behind pansy. Pansy jumps and turns around to see Crabbe and Goyle standing behind her.

Pansy: Can you guys stop doing that. I hate when you two sneak up behind me. Next time be louder so I know you guys are there behind me. Now back to you Izzy. I can't believe you keep letting him do this to you. You need to get help from someone.

Narrator: Crabbe and Goyle agree with pansy. They all put their luggage and owls on the shelf's then sit down. Draco started to say something else about it when Isabella started talking saying.

  That's enough about me and what happened the morning with my father. Did I hear you pansy say stepfather. How did you find out about him being my stepfather and not my actual father. Did you hear it from my sister.

  Pansy: I didn't hear it from your sister. I figured it out the first time I heard you talking about him. It was the way you said he was going to be piss to find out that you were a Slytherin and not a Ravenclaw like your siblings. You said he was already pissed at you for not being but you stopped talking and we didn't say another word to each other. I heard you say I hate how he loves them so much and could give less of a fuck about me. I know you didn't want me to hear that but I think you thought you said that quite enough that I couldn't hear you but I heard. I sat there thinking about it all. I thought why would he be mad about what house you're in and love your siblings more then you. All of a sudden it just click. I said to myself he must be her stepfather. I had friends when I was younger that had stepparents that didn't love them as much as their actual kids. That how I know.

  Ok great! Now you all know that he is my stepfather. Just so you know I'm not mad you guys know. I know I said that's enough about me and my stepfather but I have to tell you guys what he said to me one night at the beginning of summer after I said good night to my mother.

  Draco: He said something about me and you did he.

He kind of said something about us Draco.

Draco: What do you mean kind of.

  He said Draco is important to you. I said yes. Will I'm glad to hear that is what he said and we just stood there for a while. I finally said I should be getting to bed. That's when he spoke again and said Draco is good to you. I said if you mean does he treat me with respect then yes he is good to me. That's good to hear. All I want is to see you happy and if Draco makes you happy then that makes me happy good night you piece of shit. I said what ever you ass. Night!

  That was the last of it. I thought he was starting to change and be nice to me. I guess I thought wrong because him being nice like that only lasted about three weeks before he got mad at me and hit me.

  This time I can admit I did deserve it. I was hanging out with a friend and came home late one night. I did come home late on purpose because my tired of being treated like a child.

  We got into it and we're yelling at each other. He told me no child of mine will be that disrespectful to me. I informed him that i'm not his child and he's just my stepfather and that I can say whatever I want to him. That's when he lost it and grabbed me by my arm and pull me up to my room and threw me really hard towards my bed. I banged into my bedframe with a loud thud. My mother came in and asked what happened. I lied and said to her I fell out of my bed. I didn't want her to know the truth it would kill her. She already knows that he hits and beats me with his belt. I didn't want her to know that he just threw me into my bed. She asked if I was ok and I said yes I'm fine mother. My stepfather said I got her you can go back to bed.

  When she left he grabbed me by my other arm. Pulling me up from the floor. I was now standing right in front of him with my arm in his hand. He spoke saying you don't disrespect me like that I may not be your real father but I still am your father and I will not have you saying things like that to me! This is what happens when little pieces of shit disrespect their father! He hit me. He was aiming for my face but I moved. He hit me in the arm.

Draco: Why are you the way you are Izzy?

Word count 1651