Part Six.

While Amina showered I rolled up a Backwood and sparked it. I was a known guest at this room and I know they know I'm gone smoke regardless. I never have to pay a smoke fee. The door opened and she came out with her black curly hair on top of her head and some shorts and a t shirt. Her print showed through her shorts but I looked away and brushed it off cause that ain't what I brung her out here for and I respected her. She walked and sat her bag on the dresser and then she came and sat on her bed. "This the food menu" she asked and I nodded. "Hmm" she said and I laughed. She always been a greedy muhfucka if she ain't do shit else she was gone eat. "You wanna see if you want anything" she asked as she passed me the menu. I decided to go with breakfast for dinner like she did. She called and ordered the food and I continued to rubber band my money up. I heard a little laugh as I inhaled the smoke and I looked at her and she was staring at me shaking her head. "What" I said. "Nothing" she said with a laugh. "Nah.. what" I asked as I slipped a rubber band around the stack I counted up and threw it with the other stacks. "Your just the same after all these years" she said. "That's a good thing or bad." I asked with a laugh. She smirked. "It's a good thing. Same ol Coop" she said. "Well I don't know about good..." I trailed off. "But one of us changed for the better fasho" I said as I stared at her. "I ain't gone lie Mia you was wild" I said with a laugh. "And you weren't" she said with a laugh. "I was though" she said as she stared off into space with a smile, I could tell she thought back to the old days. "Remember that one time" I said knowing it was gone make her laugh if she thought hard enough about what I was talkin about. "What one time" she asked. "You know what I'm talkin about" I said and we both laughed. "I could never forget something so embarrassing" she said and I laughed. "I had yo back though" I said. "I always did" I added. "You did" she said with a smile as she stared at me. We continued to stare at each other and then i heard a knock at the door, making us break eye contact. "That's the food" she said as she pointed. "I'll get it" she said as she looked at me and stood up. "Ight" I said as I continued to look at her. She walked away and opened the door and then it closed and she came back. "This one..." she trailed off as she removed the lid. "Is yours" she said as she handed it to me. "Good lookin" I said. She sat back down and started to eat and I did too. "Did you ever think that maybe everything is connected" she asked. "What you mean" I asked with a mouth full of food. "I come home. I go to your club, it gets shot up, the next day something happens to your dad.." she said and I looked at her and she had a look on her face. "Nah I ain't think that much into it. I mean my pops all the way here in Atlanta." I said. "I know it's just.. since I came home so much shit has happened. Everything seemed peaceful when I was locked up. Maybe it's me" she said and I shook my head. "Nah" I said. "You just can't take the hate out of niggas. It ain't got shit to do wit you" I reassured her even though her saying that did turn a light bulb on. Not saying it's her fault but I feel like it is a slight chance the club got targeted because she was in there. Maybe the nigga Marcus heard she was coming home and he laid the play down. But it ain't even gotta necessarily be that, my nigga Lodi got issues with Marcus too so maybe he was tryna target him thinkin he was there. This shit with my pops though had to be some other shit, maybe my pops wasn't tellin me everything when I talked to em. Maybe he had some shit goin on with some niggas and they was after em and he ain't want me to know because he knew how I was gone come about it. I don't know, I was gone get to the bottom of shit though. My phone rung and I looked at the screen and seen that it was a incoming FaceTime call from Ric and I answered it. "Yo" I said. "Wassup nigga" he said. "Shit" I said as I ate. "Where my sister at" he said. "Hey Ric" she said. "I already know what's goin on" he said with a laugh makin me laugh. "Ain't shit goin on nigga what's goin on there" I asked. "Same shit" he said. "I did hear some shit myself about Marcus though" he said. "I don't know what's about what. But he here" he said. "Heard he pulled up on Lodi" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What" I said as I sat my fork down. "What you mean pulled up on Lodi. Lodi ain't called and told me shit" he said. "Maybe he was gone tell you I don't know. But I heard Lodi was with his niggas Marcus was with his, them niggas in public just upping straps they all pointing em at each other" he said. "I'm ready to go handle the shit myself" he said. I was instantly pissed all over again. "Man what the fuck" I said. I sighed and Amia stared at me. "I gotta figure this shit out with my pops then I'm on my way back tomorrow" I said. "I can handle it nigga you just worry about ya pops ight. That's my pops too the nigga looked out for me growing up so make sure he good before you do anything and keep me updated you ain't get word back yet" he said. "I got you and nah I ain't looked into it yet. My head hurt too bad for all this shit" I said. "Well let me know. Call me tomorrow" he said. "Ight. Love" I said. "Love. And look after my sister nigga" he said. "You know I got er" I said and then we hung up. I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face. "This life shit supposed to be fun. I ain't never took this shit serious" I said with a little laugh but serious at the same time. "what do I do" I asked her. "I don't know, but I'm here to help you figure it out" she said. She came over to me and sat next to me and she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back. I can't remember the last time I even got a hug from a female. I usually just fuck em and send em on they way. It was different with Mia. Real different. "How about you get some rest. We'll figure everything out tomorrow" she said as she let me go. I nodded at her and she smiled and stood up. She walked over to her bed and climbed in and laid down as she scrolled on her phone. I was high as fuck and I was tired. So shortly after I ended up dozing off to sleep.