Monday love and gossip

Oli's POV – Mon, 6 Sept 8:10am

"G'day to you sir" I greeted the driver as I got on the bus. "Mornin' to you too Oli, your good friend is waiting for you in the back" he said smugly. I looked up to find Pix sitting at the back, his head buried in a book as usual. "Gotta get him out of the book again" I joked handing in my pound. "Hey King" I said slyly snatching his book out of his hands.

"Good morning Oli" he said with a kiss. "Will I get my book back?" he asked. "Not until we get to school" I said firmly. "Please come on" he begged. "Babe you gotta chill, the semester just started" I drawled. "I've done absolutely nothing but chill this summer thanks to you" Pix pointed out. "But you needed it" I protested. "No I- give me my book back". "Apologies my dear Pixl of the Riffs variety but the answer remains no".

He crossed his arms and puffed his chest like a whiny toddler and proceeded to ignore me. "Giving me the silent treatment? Fine but it's not gonna work" I huffed. Although covered up by chatter from everyone else, the silence from Pix was deafening. I pulled out my phone to scroll through TikTok but nothing was interesting. I looked back at Pix who was looking out the window as the houses and trees whizzed by.

"Fine" I whined handing him his book. "Thank you" he chirped with a sassy smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at him. He knows exactly what to do every time to get what he wants from me. To my surprise, he put his book away in his bag.

"Aren't you gonna read?" I asked. "No because I made the fortunate mistake of dating an extrovert who will become a pile of senseless mush if I ignore him for too long" he answered sarcastically. "Oh flip you" I joked. Pix couldn't help but chuckle. "I know this is a jab at the old me but just say f*c\" he said wiping a small tear from his eye. I let out a gasp. "Language" I said dramatically.

"F*c\" he repeated. "Oh my... Think of the children" I pointed out. "F*c\ the children" he said blankly. It took him a couple of seconds before his brain actually processed what he said. "WAIT WAIT WAIT, DON'T TAKE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT!!" he suddenly blurted. "TOO LATE I WAS RECORDING OUR CONVERSATION!!!" I announced proudly, pulling my phone out my pocket to show him the recording. "NOO!".

Pix tried to reach for my phone but I turned my back to him. "Please no" he begged. "Stop it Pix I'm trying to splice the audio" I protested. He tickled me and snatched my phone while I was laughing. I snatched it back almost immediately. "F*c\ off" I spat, playfully pushing his face away. "Ha you said it" he sneered. "Whatever".

We weren't that loud, but loud enough for the old lady in front of us to turn round and shake her head disapprovingly. "You gays are all the same" she muttered. "Homophobic much" Pix muttered. My laugh sounded like something halfway through a grunt and choking. "You are a savage, where's the sweet little schoolboy I was head over heels for?" I choked through my laughter.

"I don't know who you are talking about" he shrugged. It was at that moment I realised he had taken my phone at some point. "It's too late I've already sent it to Gem" I told him. "Gosh darn it" he pouted. "Do you mean god dammit?" I sneered. "Ugh shut up" he sighed. "I love you" I said kissing his cheek. "I love you too" he mumbled. "Wha- what was that?". "I love you too" he said louder. "That's right".

Joey's POV – Mon, 6 Sept 8:32am

There was a calm silence between me and Xorny. We were the only ones in the quad. We sat at one of the picnic tables, my head resting on his shoulder. I'd been watching the steam billowing out of Xorny's coffee which they had nicked from Calico knows where... or is the saying Arlo knows where?

Feeling bored, I brushed my finger under Xorny's chin. They gently pushed my finger away. I did it again though, this time they pulled their head away. Evilly grinning, I continued. "Stop you know I'm ticklish there" they finally spoke up. "I didn't know you were ticklish at all" I said surprised. I don't know why we felt the need to whisper but it seemed wrong to be louder.

"Well it was a bad idea to tell you then" they sighed. "Don't worry I won't torture you with it yet as long you remain good b!tch" I drawled. "Woof" he barked playfully. I let out a small amused scoff.

"I need to preen my wings" I groaned fluttering my wings in discomfort. "Wanna do it in Miss Phil's room?" they asked slyly. "Oh yeah, that'll be fun" I chuckled. "And then we stick all the feathers to the walls and ceilings" they added. "That's crossing the line between mischief and evil... I like it".

The silence resumed its hold over us. Very quickly I was bored again. "Did I tell you I had a brother?" Xorny asked breaking the silence. "Yeah you have" I replied. "Well, he showed up yesterday" he started. "And..." I prodded. "He acted a bit creepy, stood there and talked to us for a good 10 minutes. Then he suddenly says that the only reason he was there was because our mom and him were in a car accident, 2 HOURS PROIR and then proceeds to faint due to blood loss".

I stared at him blankly. "That sounds problemistic" I finally said. Xorny gave me that look, that look that made me know I said something wrong. "Do you mean problematic?" he asked. "Yes" I sighed. "Okay uh... p-r-o-b-l-e-m-a-t-i-c, got it?". "P-r-o-b-l-e-m-a-t-i-c, problematic" I repeated. "There you go".

"Now about your brother let's not judge him for his... strangeness" I said sounding very wise. "That's rich coming from you" they sneered. "No no I'm serious, if he is not rude to you, rude to me then he's fine". "What about Lauren and Anne?" they asked. "He can't be rude to Anne as well but he can do whatever the f*c\ to Lauren" I answered.

"That's your future sister-in-law" they joked. "I don't care" I said flatly. The quad had finally started fill up with people and the chatter ruined our silence. "Hey guys" Katherine called from across the quad half walking half skipping towards us.

"Shrub said she was sick, so she didn't come in" I said as soon she was close enough. "Oh no, I hope she's okay" Katherine said worried as she sat with us. Xorny and I looked at each other then at Katherine. "Did you ask her out?" I asked. "How did you know?! Wait is she sick because she was so disgusted that I would even ask?". "No no, a completely different reason" Xorny clarified.

"What is it then?" Katherine asked confused. "Can't tell you that" I answered. "Come on guys, what about best friend code? You promised to tell me everything" she protested. "We promised... Shrub that we wouldn't tell you because she knows that you're a worry nelly".

"I hate you guys" Katherine mumbled. "We know". 

~~~~~~

Stats

Fourth wall broken: 1
@Rainyjoi2009 references: 1
Mcyt references: 1

The mcyt reference was an accident, @ZombieCleoAKAMom pointed it out to me

@A_Fanfic_Queen are you proud of me? I think you are proud of me.

Some of you may be wondering, 'Heck a lot of the characters are already together'. And you may be wondering, why is that? Well the reason is... I can't be f*ck!n9 bothered okay. I really actually cannot be bothered. That is my final answer.

See ya cool peeps ;3