Chapter 1

Lily P.O.V

    My name is Lily Montiago, a 5'2 long haired brunette of mixed descent. I'm 17 years old and I now attend The Juilliard School for Dance and Performing Arts. This is my very first semester, all my life I've wanted to be a dancer and now I'm attending the best of the best in New York City.

    Getting to campus was easy, my mom and I have lived in New York City our entire lives, Brooklyn to be specific, but leaving her behind and settling in was the hard part. I walked into my dormitory and observed the room I would be living in for the next 2 years. It was pretty big for four people, even though I assumed we wouldn't be in here much. There were four doors; each one had a name written on it which I absent-mindedly glanced over. Placing my bags into one of the four rooms that had my name plastered big and bold on it, I walked back out into the huge living room space, only to be squeezed to death by my best friend Alyssa. "You got in!" I squealed. "I'm not the only one," she said. Then I saw her big blue eyes staring at me. "OMG Skylar!". Skylar was my second high school best friend. The three of us did our infamous group handshake and erupted into laughter and more hugs. "Are you guys staying in this dorm?" I asked. "Yeah!" Lissa replied. "No." Sky replied with a sulky face and a complimentary pout.

    Letting it sink in, I read the other names on the three remaining doors; Alyssa Montour, Zachary Woods and Austin Goode. I poked Skylar, "look!" I said pointing to the door with the familiar name on it. Her jaw dropped, "how did he get accepted into this school."

     She was talking about Austin, he was her ex-boyfriend and my best friend; he was actually my boyfriend first, well partial boyfriend; we never really kissed or anything, we only dated for like a week before Skylar happened but that's a long and painful story I rather not get into.

    "Maybe he came to stalk you." Lissa teased. "Whatever." Sky said brushing it off like it was no big deal but I knew she was freaking out on the inside. As soon as she said that Austin came out of his room with a messy bed head. I couldn't help but laugh at Skylar's facial expression, it was priceless. His braces were gone and his hair was messed up in all the right places, he looked hot. He gave Alyssa and me a smile and then he looked at Skylar with a sad longing look like he needed her to complete him. It was getting a bit awkward so I broke the ice.

     "So Austin...... what the hell happened to you?" I asked. He shot me a Colgate smile, " I don't need my braces anymore." I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. "You're so childish Lil." he said with a smirk. "Like you're not." I replied in a cocky tone with a snort.

     I completely forgot Skylar and Alyssa were still standing there. "Umm, guys, I'm going to the dance studio to check it out," I said walking towards my room. "Ok," Lissa said. Walking into my room and closing the door I raided my luggage for something to wear. I needed something comfortable, in case I got the opportunity to dance and there tends to always be an opportunity to dance when it comes to me. Sorting through I put on a black sports leggings, a grey camisole, wrapped my sweater around my waist and left my hair out. Grabbing a pair of ankle socks and my black and white converse, I laced them up and I was ready to go.

    Right before the dorm hallway, there was a huge school map. After a few minutes of analyzing the map, I walked away from the dorms towards the studio. I'm a very clumsy girl, I really can't help it and unfortunately, I'm accident prone. My head was down in my phone while I was making my way to the studio and a guy on a skateboard rode straight into me. The collision left him sprawled out on top of me and my tiny body gasping for air. "Get off!" I screamed at him. "I'm so sorry," he said scrambling up. "Watch were you're goin......." I said right before I saw his face. He was gorgeous and it left me speechless. "I'm Logan." he said extending his hand snapping me back into reality. "Lily," I replied shaking his hand. "Lily and Logan," he said with a smirk. "I know right weird we could be like brother and sister." I replied laughing awkwardly. "Damn you're cute." he said with a smile. My eyes grew wide and my cheeks felt hot, and I panicked. "I have to go," I lied, "bye Logan." "Bye." he replied, "and I'm sorry for running into you with my skateboard." ."It's ok." I said with a fake smile walking away. I walked through the studio doors and a blast of AC hit me down my entire body, damn that felt nice. This was my place in life.

     Taking off my jacket, I stretched and was about to put on some music when someone tapped my shoulder saying, "Are you allowed in here?". I turned around to reply when my heart stopped, "Woah!". If this continues, I might be dead by the end of the day. It was like I was standing in the presence of a Greek God. His black hair was shaggy and wild, but not too untamed to look like he didn't own a comb; he towered about 6'0 into the air with a very muscular build and his emerald green eyes like mossy pools started intensely into mine. I wanted to melt right there. "Yes." I mumbled sounding like a complete idiot. "I'm a dancer." I said with a bit more confidence. "Well then, if you're dancing at this studio as an extracurricular activity I'm the dance captain, my name is Zachary Woods." he said in a cocky tone complemented with a sexy smirk. I had this OMG moment my mind backtracking to a previous memory that made me say, "so you're Zachary Woods." which I meant to say in my head. "I just told you that didn't I?" he replied in a cocky tone.

     You know that moment when you see a cute guy, then he opens his mouth and says something really stupid, I was living the moment right now. I gave him an annoyed look and proceeded to do what I was doing before I was rudely interrupted, I turned on the music. The song that started to play was 'Problem' by Ariana Grande. "I love this song." were my final words before I lost myself in the music.

So hey guys, Halee here, I started writing this book when I was 14 and now I'm 17. Ikr. Things have changed and I decided to re-write and fix the entire book. So things are different and I have a more mature and realistic perspective on situations and life now. Now I  live in the U.S with my dad, before I lived in Trinidad and Tobago and I recently moved. I'm planning on actually completing and trying to publish this book so I'm really taking this seriously now. I hope you'll stick with me, enjoy and most of all have fun reading. Follow me, comment, vote, uk the usual. Love you guys. Toodles. -Halee❤