SIX

"Why did you need us to come in such a hurry?" Leonardo asks, rushing through the door

"Why did you need us to come in such a hurry?" Leonardo asks, rushing through the door. " it's good to see you Dr, Jackson," I say, smiling at her.

"Please, I helped deliver your daughter, and I've been married to Leo for eight years. You can call me Riona," she says, smiling at me.

"Where are the rest of your brothers?" I ask, focusing on Leonardo.

" Matteo is on a mission, and Axel and Adrian will be here tomorrow. Now, what is so important that you needed us here?" Leo replied, looking around the room.

I take a deep breath " You both know Aurora's past with her abusive stepfather, right?"

They both nod. "Well, Raul's alive, and he met Astraea and told her some lies and that he was her father. Now Aurora is beyond terrified. She refuses to eat or drink. Aurora hasn't slept in two days. Astraea, she refuses to talk to me or acknowledge that I'm her dad," I take another deep breath.

I never believed those words would come out of my mouth.

" what can we do?" Leonardo asks, his face full of concern.

I take a deep breath " I need you to talk to Aurora. I've tried, but she stares and says nothing. I'm trying to find Raul, and I can't do it all by myself,"

I didn't think a day would come when I begged Leo for help, but knowing that my wife is struggling so hard and knowing that the person she feared the most is alive again is draining.

"I can go and talk to Aurora and try to get her to eat something," Riona says, her voice soft and soothing. " thank you, Riona," I whisper, fidgeting with my ring.

She smiles at me before walking towards mine and Aurora's bedroom.

" Are you okay?" Leo asks, placing his hand on my shoulder

I comb my hand through my disheveled hair " I always knew there was a chance that Astraea wasn't mine, but when she was born, I could care less. She was my daughter, no matter what. Now that she refuses to acknowledge me as her father, it feels like a part of me is missing," I say with a heavy sigh.

When I look Astraea, she looks back at me with so much hatred. I've never been an emotional person, but now all I want to do I break done and fucking cry.

Leonardo nods in understanding. "I will have my men find Raul and bring him to you, even if I have to go and get him myself."

I smile, grateful for the support. " Thank you, Leo," I say.

" Aurora," Riona whispers, walking into my bedroom

" Aurora," Riona whispers, walking into my bedroom. " Go away," I whisper. My voice strained from how much I've cried. " No," Riona says firmly. She walks closer and sits beside me, wrapping her arms around me in a gentle embrace.

" It's going to be okay, Aurora," she says, stroking my hair softly. " It's not going to be okay. My daughter hates me, and the one person that I've ever been afraid of is alive," I whisper.

Riona pulls away and looks into my eyes. " Astraea doesn't hate you. You're her mother. She just doesn't know the truth," she says. " And as for Raul, I promise that Silas and Leo will everything in their power to keep him away from you and Astraea.."

I take a shaky breath, my heart racing at the thought of facing Raul again.

" I have another daughter. I had another daughter," I whisper, looking up at Riona.

Riona's eyes widen, and she shifts closer to me, wrapping her arms around me again. " what happened?" She asks softly.

" I was only fourteen, and I was twenty weeks pregnant. I came home from a doctor's appointment late, and Raul was so upset. He kicked me over and over again. I lost my baby that day, but I named her Amari," I say, tears streaming down my face.

Riona gasped and pulled me closer to her as if she could shield me from the pain of that day. " You are the strongest person I know, and Astraea needs to know that too," she says gently but firmly.

" I can't do that. I can't have my daughter looking at me like i'm damaged," I say, wiping away my tears.

" No, she's going to think you are a strong woman who went through the worst things imaginable, and you turned that pain into strength. People tremble at your name Aurora! People fear the things you would do to protect your family. You are not weak or damaged," she says passionately.

I hug Riona tighter, feeling a wave of relief wash over me.

" You're right. I have to tell Astraea the whole truth," I say, standing up. I let out a deep breath, feeling my hand spin from the lack of eating. " You need to eat, drink and sleep and then you can talk to Astraea," Riona says, helping me back into bed.

I smile and nod, knowing that Riona is right. I had to take care of myself to be strong for my daughter. " Thank you, Riona," I say, grasping her hand.

" No problem. I will always be here for you," she says with a smile before leaving the room.

I close my eyes and take deep breaths, trying to steel myself for what was to come.

I never thought I would have to tell Astraea about Amari or the things that happened when I lived with my stepfather, but she needs to know the whole truth.