TEN

" Are you ok?" Saint asks, dropping me from walking into the conference room that Raul is held in

Am I okay? I honestly don't know right now if I am.

I glance at my ring and then at him. " I need to finish what I started then I will be okay," I reply, walking into the room.

Raul is seated at a table in the center of it. He looks up as soon as I enter and a smirk appears on his face.

Seeing him is bringing back the worst memories I have.

" It's good to see you Aurora. How is my daughter Astrea?" he says, a glint in his eye.

My face contorted with rage as I ball my fist at my sides. " She is not your daughter!" I spit. " I don't care if she might have your blood because she is and will always be mine and Saint's daughter," I continue, my voice trembling with rage.

" I should've disciplined you more, maybe then you wouldn't act like such a bitch," his face now serious.

I march up to him and slam my hand against the table. " What you did to me was nowhere near discipline," I hiss. " discipline is grounding a child and taking their phone. You beat me every damn day, and you and your buddies rapped me! That is not discipline, it is abuse you sick bastard," I growl.

" I am so glad I took your son away from you and your pathetic excuse of a wife," I say, smiling at him.

Raul stares at me with a blank expression and I can tell he is not fazed by my words. " Do you think you aren't still that scared girl because of the things you've achieved," he mocks, shaking his head.

Tears prickle my eyes " Yes I do. No scared little girl makes men tremble at her name. No little girl runs the most ruthless mafia. No little girl can achieve what I have. I am not the same girl you could abuse every night," I scoff, my voice steady.

I smile as I grab a gun from my waist. " You see, I am far from little and scared, Raul. I have earned my name and title," I whisper, stepping toward him.

" You are not and will never be Astraea's father. While you were asleep I had my men take your DNA and compare it to Astrea's DNA. It's too bad you won't be alive to see the results," I say, aiming my gun at his head.

" Mrs Volkov," a voice mumbles from behind me. I look up to see one of my bodyguards standing in the doorway. " We have news about Astraea's results," he announces. I take the envelope from him, tearing it open. " You can leave," I say to the bodyguard.

I step closer to Raul, my eyes glued on the test results. I slowly raise the gun and point it at him once again. " It turns out you are not Astraea's father after all," I say as tears streak down my face.

" my whole life you have haunted my every fucking nightmare, but I will be the last face you ever see," I say coldly, pulling the trigger.

Raul falls to the ground, and I stand still for a moment, tears streaming down my cheeks.

It was finally over. I would never have to worry about Raul ever again. I turn and walk away.

" is everything okay, Mrs. Volkov?" The same bodyguard from before asks. " Everything is great," I whisper, collapsing to the ground.