NINE

Today is the day I see Raul again

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Today is the day I see Raul again. I'm afraid that when I look at him, everything he ever did to me will rush through my head.

"They are here," Saint announces, walking into our bedroom. "Where is their son?" I ask quickly, my heart pounding in my chest."He's up in Astraea's old playroom with Riona," He replies.

I take a deep breath. "I want you to put them both in different conference rooms with guards secured outside the door," I explain calmly. Saint nods and moves to the door. "Are you okay?" He pauses and looks back at me, worry in his eyes.

"I'm okay," I respond with a weak smile.

I drag my hands down my face, sighing. I walk out the door and up to the playroom.

I peek through the door and see Riona sitting beside a little blonde boy. The boy has some of his father's features. I open the door and smile at Riona before walking into the room and sitting across from them. "Hi," I whisper to the little boy.

"My name is Aurora. What's yours?"He looks at me with big eyes. "My name is Oliver," he replies shyly.

I smile warmly at him and reach out my hand for a handshake. He looks hesitant, but after a few seconds, he places his small one in mine, and we shake hands solemnly. " Are you buddies with my dad," he asks curiously.

I nod. " Yes, I am," I lie, clenching my teeth. Riona looks up at me, her eyes filled with compassion. She places a hand on the little boy's shoulder and squeezes it gently.

"Oliver, why don't we go get ice cream together."He nods and slides off the chair before running out of the room. Riona stands up and turns to me.

" Remember that you're strong," she urges.

I hesitate for a moment before nodding my head. I leave the room, my mind full of thoughts. I clench the doorknob to the conference room.

I can do this.

I take a deep breath and walk into the room. "You must be Leah Vaughn," I say, extending my hand. Leah glares at my hand.

" Where the hell is my son?" she snaps. I smile before sitting on the edge of the table. "he is somewhere safe," I reply calmly.

"Safe would be with me or his father!" she shouts.

"Is he safe with a man who beats and rapes children and women? Or is he safe with a woman who sympathizes with a rapist and abuser?" I ask. Her eyes widen as she stares at me in shock.

"You knew about the things Raul did, and you still faked his death and had a fucking kid with him!" I yell. Her face falls, and she looks away.

"You threw yourself at him! You practically begged for it!" She stammers. I shake my head in disbelief.

"I was a child! I didn't beg him to beat me repeatedly!" I sigh, walking over to a safe in the corner. I open it and take out a knife.

"This is a replica of the knife Raul used to hurt m every fucking day," I say, pointing the knife at Leah.

"You knew what he was and you still helped him," I say, my voice full of anger. "You dare to blame me!"At first, I was not going to kill you because of your son, but any child with a mother like you would be better off being an orphan, "I say, stepping towards Leah.

She trembles in fear and finally breaks down, begging me not to kill her. I sigh, placing the knife against her throat. "You should have thought of the consequences when you helped a monster like him," I say coldly.

Leah gulps before looking at me. "You're only upset that your bastard daughter is his child!" she spits.

"No, I am enraged that he got away with beating and raping me! My daughter is no child of his!" I scream, slitting her throat. Blood spills onto the floor, and her head slowly drops. I take a deep breath, wiping the tears from my eyes. I turn and walk away.

Now I have to deal with Raul.

Blood Means Everythingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें