7. Give Me One Good Reason

8th Century Ireland, year 820

Dallas's mother walked down to us as we were in the front room with a smile on her face, "These are very different from the other girl's outfits that I have made. They are a little tight but loose enough for great movement."

I took the clothes from her, "Thank you either way."

She smiled at me, "Good luck tonight."

I nodded my head as Kari nodded her head back at me, "You need to get changed."

Dallas smiled at me as I went into the side room and changed into the new clothes.

I tossed the dress over to the side as I slipped into the pants that Dallas's mother had created for me.

I slipped the under garment on as I looked back at myself in the small mirror and saw the new person that I was coming.

I pulled the shirt over then slipped the leather vest over as I tied it up.

I looked back at myself then went out of the room grabbing the moon stone and pushing it into my pants.

Dallas's mother smiled at me as her husband walked into the house.

"I covered everything up and it is black like you asked." He said handing me the blade.

I slipped the blade into the side that would hold it, "I guess we should go see what is about to happen."

Kari pushed herself up, "I can't believe this is going to happen."

Dallas turned back to her parents, "Thank you both."

"Yes, thank you so much." I smiled back at them.

They waved back at me as I walked with Dallas and Kari back to the middle of the village.

Kari grabbed my arm as Solomon's friends went walking past us, "I hate that all I ever see is Caleb and Carrigan."

Dallas laughed back at her, "Oh shut up, you love yourself some Caleb."

I smiled back at Kari as Dallas kept laughing as the boys heard us.

Even in another century it was still really normal for girls to be scared over boys and act like little school girls when you see your crush.

Kari shook her head as she walked away from us.

Dallas slipped her arm around mine, "You are gonna be ok."

"Why do I have to fight him?" I asked her back.

"Normally we are just taken out on a raid and we are forced to follow someone and we are tested. But since I'm guessing you are from the outside they wanna see something else." Dallas said back to me.

I shook my head as we came to the village center.

Kari stood infront of me as Kane was shouting out to everyone that I would fight Maverick to show my worth to the village.

"She saved Sanna, how much more does she have to prove?" Dallas muttered out.

A few of the villagers looked back at me as I walked around Kari and came into view of everyone.