Anifolk

Harp'yn are bird-based Anifolk, similar to avians, most commonly seen with patterning resembling small songbirds. In their primary hybrid form, they appear as humans with large wings like Christian angels, small claws instead of nails, birdlike feet, and small earholes with sharp feathers to protect their ears. They are native to Anaris, but some groups venture out further to Fresear, Arcana or even Shimura. Harp'yn feathers are generally considered important family items, and it is extremely disrespectful to take a Harp'yn feather without permission. Harp'yn are known to practice aeromancy and emphasize learning types of magic to specialize in a job or role, along with physical fitness to aid in flight and shifting.

Shetlsa are seal-based Anifolk, like selkies. They are native to Fresear, with most living in Testudine. Small mining societies exist on the rocky islands on shore. In their primary hybrid form, Shetlsa appear as wideset humanoids with webbed paws on their hands and feet, only shifting their tail to sleep and gain extra insulation. Shetlsa use this hybrid form to traverse the land, and their seal form to travel in the water. A Shetlsa's human form is very personal to them, only shifting to this at home or in formal events. Shetlsa have greatly enhanced senses in order to navigate the dark waters and blizzard conditions.

Sinskt are snake-based Anifolk, like nagas or lamias. Native to Shiqa, the Sinskt are seasoned travelers and traders. Their primary hybrid form has the tail of a snake instead of legs, clawed fingers, and occasionally a cobra-like hood. If a Sinskt does not have a cobra hood, they usually wear a headscarf or a broad hat to protect themselves from the sun. Some Sinskt also have fangs and venom, which is powerful enough to kill a small animal, about the size of a rabbit. Sinskt usually practice photokinesis and geokinesis to take advantage of their environment.

Donro are dolphin-based Anifolk, similar to merfolk. Most are from Jensora, preferring tropical waters. In their primary hybrid form, they have the tail and fins of a dolphin, with a human upper body, though lacking ears. Donro have a heavy emphasis on beauty in their culture, taking from ancient legends of mermaids and sirens. Because of this, Donro are rumored to have beautiful voices and be amazing singers. Donro also have sensitive hearing, and can echolocate.

Siun are tiger-based Anifolk. Native to Tserenia, Siun are excellent hunters. Most do not use a hybrid form, just going from tiger to hunt and to human at home. Since Tserenia is abundant in natural resources, Siun are some of the most technologically advanced in Elnealin. Their cities are large and well-planned, embedded in the trees. Even in tiger form, their paws are actually hands, allowing them heightened dexterity and construction ability. Siun prioritize technology, but can construct magical tech, and often use umbrakinesis to hide.

Kharn are dragon-based Anifolk, from the mountains of Okugeg. They make up a vast majority of Okugeg's population. Because of the many variations of dragons, Kharn are the most diverse of any Anifolk species. Most hybrid forms have scales on the arms and legs, horns, and may include a tail or wings. They are largely solitary, with cities and other communities carved in large caves. Kharn horns are a source of honor and pride since they signify age, but it is not painful to cut one off as they do not have nerves. Since Kharn are so solitary, what magic or kinetic techniques they practice is usually up to the individual.

Weyr are wolf-based Anifolk, like werewolves. Hailing from Shimura, Weyr are tight-knit, forming small communities with few families living together. As such, their largest cities are few and far between, being central trading hubs near the coast or fertile pockets of land. Weyr usually shift wolf legs, ears and occasionally a tail in their primary hybrid form. Like many other species, they shift to wolves for long travel periods, but rarely go to human form due to their climate and lifestyle.