Prologue

"Are you sure it was toni-" A concerned slightly deep voice began before being cut off by a sharp tone.

"Yes! I am the mother and I'm always correct!" Came a harsh hiss like breaking ice.

In the dark night as one full moon shined, two figures were arguing with eachother. One of them was a thin nightwing with dark grey fading to black scales and tired yellow eyes, the other was an ice blue icewing with silver horns and dark blue eyes that looked black and a rather muscled body with a few old scars.

They were sitting around a single black egg with silver and white speckles throughout on the eggshell.

"North...are you sure its tonight? I do not see any cracks..." The nightwing said frowning as he tilted his head at it unhappily.

"I'm very sure of it Comet'watcher!" North hissed baring her fangs at comet...sometimes comet was cowardly, and it been difficult enough to keep him with her in order to stay for the dragonet that was going to hatch. She looks back at the egg watching as the moonlight rays inch closer and closer to the egg, she knew comet would probably want to snatch the egg out of the moonlight, but she didn't want too...

She watches her egg intently while making sure comet'watcher stays where he is sitting so he doesn't fly off like the pathetic coward he was...

c-c-crack~!

Her ears perked up as she watches the first cracks appear on the egg the moment it turned fully silver from the moonlight, the egg shakes and rolls slightly as the dragonet pushes against the egg more causing the cracks to widen.

Comet is shifting his talons and wings around as he stares down at the egg that shakes, he clearly seemed to regret everything...and she knew he regretted falling in love with north, she was angry and bitter with him when she found his plans to leave without warning but now she was making him stay.

She looks back down at the egg when suddenly their dragonet fell out of it finally, the dragonet had black scales yet the body of an icewing, black spikes that faded to silver at the tips, she noticed that in the middle of their forehead was a white star that seemed to act as a pupil to the outline of a eye, and under his wings was white stars mixed with silver.

"Hm...i will name him..." she glanced at comet and grinned slightly.

"I think it would be better if I named him" comet'watcher said growling slightly as he glanced at the dragonet with some disdain, "Maybe...Black'ice?" he said shrugging while rolling his eyes while north narrowed her eyes.

"Very...insightful comet..." she hissed flicking her forked tongue at him before looking down at the dragonet and grinning as a clever name entered her mind, "I think I'm going to call him..." she began as she looked back to comet'watcher with a slight malicious grin, a name that will remind comet what he signed up too and how he shouldn't have been so reckless with her...a reminder so he knows that he caused this and he cannot just run away from his actions.

"Soul'taker..."