Chapter Five

"What happened to your mouth?" lavender asked as they prepared food in the prey centre as their punishment.

"I don't want to talk about it..." Soul'taker mumbled as he set up a fruit pile, his jaw had bled for a while before he finally went to the White Wing last night and got it sorted out although now he had a scar possibly. He finishes up getting the areas where food would be at while looking around carefully to see if he can find that scavenger again, but he didn't see any sight of the scavenger at all.

He waved his tail in annoyance before stretching his wings tiredly, they been at this for a hour and classes should be ending soon. He shook his head suddenly which probably didn't improve the shooting pain that went through his out of nowhere, he grimaced as he rubbed his forehead at where his silver star marking was.

"It's never been this painful before..." he muttered to himself feeling anxiousness and dread shooting throughout his body choking him and holding his body with these powerful emotions. He walks off before grabbing a fish for himself to munch on as he tried to figure out what to do with this headache, he wondered why he felt such a sense of foreboding and he ducked as something whistled over his head.

He heard the shocked gasps as he turned around in alarm to see cactus looking confused on how Soul'taker managed to predict his tail swinging towards his head, Soul'taker stepped back from cactus.

"What is wrong with you!?" lavender hissed glaring at cactus who rolled his eyes at the angry nightwing.

"He's clearly fine so stop being dramatic!" he snapped at her which caused Swamp'fog to growl and take a step forward to cactus who wisely took a step back eyeing Swamp'fog warily.

"Back off you crocodile eater!" cactus snarled raising his tail while Swamp'fog growled back, "How about you shut up?!" he hissed.

"Oh please do not fight!" Soul'taker thought worriedly as he headed up onto a ledge to avoid being near cactus and his two brothers.

"Enough both of you!" came a hiss from the tunnel overseeing the Prey Centre, it was Barn'owl who been assigned to watch them as they bring in food.

"Now separate from eachother! your other fellow students will arrive soon for lunch..." Barn'owl snapped at them before walking off. Soul'taker breathes a sigh of relief as the bell rang through the mountain and chattering and laughter can be heard from the hall coming to the prey centre.

"I wonder if Tarantula will come here? I hope he does...he seems to like my hobbies, im still unsure about my clawmates though..." Soul'taker thought to himself as he ate some fish and watched out for the iconic red and yellow scales on a hivewing hybrid, lavender grabbed some fruit and flew up beside him grinning although then made a disgusted face when she saw him eating fish.

"Bleh! Fish!? Seriously? Why not fruit! That's way better than stinking fish!" she complained as Swamp'fog came up to the ledge as well with half a crocodile in his talons.

"I think fish is rather nice, especially catfish" Swamp'fog said shrugging as he laid down and began to eat the crocodile he had.

"But still!" Lavender continued to press, Soul'taker decided to not pay attention to the conversation, since he wasn't interested in changing his diet for lavender even if she acted disgusted and insisted on fruit. His eyes were scanning the other students looking for tarantula when he saw the hybrid getting a eagle curiously, he perked up and waved a talon to tarantula hoping he would notice and come over.

Lavender gave him a confused look while Swamp'fog was interested, "You made a new friend?" he questioned noticing Tarantula who was coming over to the ledge having seen Soul'taker wave him over.