Page 22

Dear Diary,

Time flew so fast...

I have graduated high school. And today, I'll be leaving Busan to go to Seoul.

Well, believe it or not, Hanni has recommended that I work there with her. I thought about it a lot and ended up accepting the offer.

I'm not planning to go to college anytime soon anyway since I can't afford the tuition fee. But don't worry too much about me, okay?

I may be ditching my dreams to become a successful doctor someday, but I'll work hard to give myself a better life.

I know you're definitely curious how Hanni and I became friends, so let me tell you about it...

A few days after our fight, Hanni came to me while I was watching over their convenience store and studying for my exam at the same time. She apologized for what she did and even paid all the money that was burned with the book.

I asked if her mom scolded her to do so, but she insisted that nobody told her to apologize to me. It was her own choice, and she even said she regretted every wrong thing she did out of anger when she saw me at the restaurant, eating lots of food alone while crying.

Hanni promised me that it wouldn't ever happen again. I believed her, and I accepted her apologies.

Hanni and I have started hanging out since then. Little did we know that we'd end up being friends after the fight. Now, she's helping me with life. And I'm really thankful for that.