Page 26

Dear Diary,

After finding out that I have leukemia, the first thing I did was contact my biological father.

I've been actively looking for him behind your back whenever I have free time since I arrived in Seoul. And well, I found him, but I never tried to let him know that I still existed.

My father is happy with his original family. In fact, whenever I watch him from afar, I always see him having a good time with his son and daughter, who are both older than me.

I must admit, I'm jealous of what they have, but I never bothered them anyway. But since I'm dying, I finally let my father know about my condition. And if he'll let me, I want to spend my last few weeks with him.

Did you feel my heart beat?

It's beating fast out of nervousness.

My father came out of their gate to throw the plastic garbage that he was holding. I took that chance to finally approach him.

I said my greetings and showed my father every piece of evidence I needed to prove that I'm my mom's daughter, whom he abandoned for so many years. He was surprised to know the truth, but he still accepted me with his arms wide open and even cried out of happiness because he finally saw me after a long time of not seeing each other.

My father invited me to come inside their home, and I gladly accepted it. He then introduced me to his family, who were all in their dining area, busy preparing their lunch.

To my surprise, my father's family actually knows about my existence. He never hid me from them, so they weren't surprised when he introduced me to them. In fact, they smiled and welcomed me into their home.

Q&A was unavoidable during my first lunch with them. My father's wife asked me why I only showed up now. So, I told Mrs. Kim that I never really wanted to bother their family, but I had no choice now.

Yes, I have told them about my condition and all the reasons why I wanted to be with my father.

My father cried because he was thankful that I chose to be with him in my last two weeks, even when he abandoned me for so long. He also apologized for not being by my side while I was growing up. He regrets everything that he did to me and my mom.