Chapter 9

Warning, short chap, but with good feels and it's a good starting and stopping point.
---|---

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep Beep.

Beep beep beep beep.

You gasped and reached for anything, anything at all. Your hand instinctively pulled at whatever it was. Soft, red material was clutched in your hand.

"(Y/N)."

You looked to your left and met worried red eyes. Dave smiled softly and touched your hand, which was resting on his chest.

"Dave?" You groaned.

"Yeah," Dave said happily. "It's me. I'm right here."

You reached for Dave and felt a sudden throbbing in your head. You winced and Dave stood up smacking a red button on the wall, but still holding your hand. The pain engulfed your entire chest like a black pit swallowing you whole.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Dave rushed to your side and cupped your face in his hands. "(Y/N)!"

Several nurses and doctors rushed in, each with their own tools and equipment. They swarmed around your bed and a few of them had to pull Dave away.

"Dave," you panted softly.

"No!" He screamed as they pulled him out of the room. "(Y/N)! Please! I love her! You have to let me in!"

The nurses and doctors closed ranks around the hospital bed. They held you down when you tried to get up. "Dave!"

"(Y/N)!" You heard a loud pounding sound.

One nurse injected a clear liquid into your right arm and you immediately began to tire. "Dave."
Your struggles became weaker and weaker until they finally stopped and you passed out.

Sharp silver metal. Soft pale skin. The incisions began to form on your collarbone, chest, and sides. The medical staff communicated with each other, but you had no idea what they were saying. Between loud ringing sounds and yelling staff you managed to catch "unstable condition" and "heart failure". When you awoke, blood was everywhere: on your clothes, skin, on the metal.

Your chest felt so... Weird. Tight bandages were wrapped around your ribcage, shoulders, and stomach.

Beep beep.

Beep beep.

The medics began to clear from the room. Dave pushed through the crowd towards you. You couldn't move. He ran faster. Tears peeled out from underneath his shades.

"(Y/N)!" Dave embraced you gently, though you could practically feel the emotion buzzing off of him. But you still couldn't hug him back. "(Y/N)."

"Dave," you managed weakly.

He kissed you. Hard. "I was so worried," Dave said between kisses.

"A-about me?" You laughed.

"You have no idea." Dave ran his hands through your (h/c) hair and you looked at his black shades. He broke into sobs. "They... They thought you weren't going t-to make it." Dave buried his head in your bandaged chest.

Your arms felt less numb, so pulled Dave's messy hair further into your arms. His tears fell down onto your chest, soaking the bandages. "Dave," you whispered. "Stop crying. Please, you'll make me cry, too. And then you'll have to change my bandages."

He laughed softly and gave that famous Strider smirk. "I think I can do that."

"Dave, you perverted ass," you said gently. "You really shitty perverted ass."