Chapter 16

Dave's POV

(Y/N)'s panic attack soon disappeared, so I carried her upstairs and laid her in the spare bed. (Y/N) was so... so amazing. I don't even have the words for it, but she just makes me smile. I'd do anything for her. I'd die for her.

As I'm about to close the door behind me, and I stopped and peeked back in the room. (Y/N) was still watching me with those beautiful (e/c) eyes- those big brown does. She smiled as I caught her gaze, and I smiled back. Gog, how beautiful she looked. I stepped back into the room and laid on top of the covers which were as soft as a swan.

"Hey," I said casually, keeping my famous Strider straight face on. But as I looked at her, I couldn't help but start smiling again.

"Hey," she breathed softly, as if she would die if she spoke too loud. (Y/N) reached a hand up and gently took hold of my glasses. She carefully slid them off of my nose. "You know that you don't need these, right?"

I felt naked without them. "I- I know... b-but-"

"But what?" It kind of scared me how quickly her voice could go from quiet to intimidating. I reached for the shades but she moved them away. "Why can't you not wear them to school?"

I didn't really want to tell her. It wasn't that I was afraid of losing my bad boy mysterious rep, but I didn't know exactly what it was. "I'm a freak, (Y/N)," I mumbled quietly.

"What?" She didn't hear me.

"I said, I'm a freak!" I looked at her, and her eyes were full of worry and love.

"No, Dave, no. You're not a freak. You're unique, sure, but you're handsome, and no one is allowed to make fun of you. I won't allow it.  We're going to school on Monday, and you're gonna leave the glasses at home." She smashed one fist into her palm repeatedly, and it was kind of frightening.

"But-"

"No buts."

I rolled over and laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling. (Y/N) pulled herself closer to me and snuggled up in my T-shirt. She took a deep breath in and a deep breath out.

"You said butt," I laughed quietly.

(Y/N) was already asleep. Her breathing became steadier but slower. Her (h/l) hair tickled my neck like tiny little octopus arms.
But I didn't really mind. I just kept staring at the ceiling.

Thoughts jumped around my mind like ping pong balls. They're going to take (Y/N) away. We're not going to make it two weeks. I can't lose her. I'll keep her safe. We'll fight for her. I'll pretend I don't know where she is. I'll tell them she ran away. I'll ask if we can keep her. She'll come back. We can be together.

My thinking went on for quite some time. I replayed the scenario over and over in my head. Maybe she'd be okay.

I hope so.

I really do.

Sorry for such a short chapter but this is Dave's POV.
Have any Dave requests?
I'll take any request except a sour lemon. Maybe a light one at most. But probably not.

Thanks again for reading!