Recovery

Aziraphale awoke, this time he was in his bookshop and not a dingy little cell. He was entirely confused at the situation. The last thing the angel could remember was being in Hell after the archangels cast him out. How did he get here? Surely Heaven wouldn't do such a thing. Maybe it was just a bad dream. Suddenly, a wave of excruciating pain shot from is back. He let out a loud gasp.

"Angel?! Oh Angel, your awake thank Sat- thank someone!" Crowley yelled while running into the room, carrying a hot chocolate (and spilling it).

Aziraphale felt tears prick his eyes.

"Crowley..w- ow. What happened to me" Azi

"Shh. You don't have to move. Im so sorry Angel. I should've know that they would do this. Its all my fault!" Crowley

"What happened? What do y- ah. What do you mean?" Azi

"You don't remember? Oh Angel..." Crowley

Crowley leaned in and rested his hand on Aziraphale's. He handed him the mug and stroked his arm. This was a massive step for the demon and they both knew it as blush began to spread across his face and to his ears. He felt himself tense up and took his hand away from Azi's arm. Their hands remained intertwined though. The angel gave him a sad smile.

Don't look at me like that. Crowley thought

"Angel, Hell did things to you. They took you. They took...parts of you. Im so sorry." Crowley

"My...my wings?" Azi

Aziraphale started to sob. The sobs wracked his body and the movement burned his wounds which made him cry more. Crowley's eyes welled with tears but he couldn't cry, he had to be strong for his angel. He held on to him, his hand buried in his hair. He rubbed his finger across his knuckles and soothed him. Crowley felt so guilty. He didn't realise Heaven would go this far. To be fair, he knew they were capable of it but he didn't think they would do it straight away. Why couldn't an immortal being have just a bit more time? This might have been even more cruel than the fall...  What did Aziraphale ever do to them? Sure, he stopped Armageddon but Gabriel had done way worse things than that and just managed to get away with it. The state his angel was in shattered Crowley's heart. Whoever did this would pay.

"It hurts Crowley. Everything hurts." Aziraphale muttered weakly.

Crowley slipped his glasses on and tilted his head back to prevent any tears from escaping.

"I know Angel."

AUTHORS NOTE:

HI PEOPLE!!!! SORRY IK THIS ONE IS SHORT ITS JUST A FILLER REALLY. ANYWAYYYYYYY TYSM FOR READING SO FAR ILYSM <333 THE ANGST WILL BE OVER SOON I PROMISE LMAO. ALSO I AM WRITING THIS TO COPE WITH SEASON 2 ENDING :,[ OKAY BYE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE <3