The Cane.

Crowley had gone out to buy some crepes as Aziraphale had refused to take anymore medication, accusing that he was 'completely fine' and didn't need any more 'human rubbish' in his system. Crowley was going to sneak his painkillers into the food so he would stop acting like a toddler and take his meds. He got back in the shop and saw Muriel trying to convince Azi to sit back down.

"Aziraphale." Crowley

The demon knew that saying his actual name would get him to sit down.The angel tensed up and slowly turned around.

"Crowley!" Azi

"Sit back down now." Crowley

Aziraphale rushed (well as rushed as he could manage) back to the couch and anxiously waited for Crowleys next words.

"Angel, why are you acting like a little kid? Has Muriel rubbed off on you?" Crowley

Aziraphale's eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't say that! Muriel is very grown up." Azi

Muriel beamed.

"Really Mr. Fell! Oh, thank you!" Muriel

"Of course my dear! Not just any angel would live on earth! It's a very big job." Azi

Muriel excitedly hurried away and started sorting books again.

"Your very kind Angel, now! Time for your meds." Crowley

"No! Crowley, I told you that I'm fine! I'm not having anymore, if I can walk then I am fine. See?" Azi

Aziraphale stood up and started to speed walk towards Crowley. Suddenly, his legs gave way and his vision faded to black.

The demon lunged forwards and caught his Angel in his arms.

"Angel?! Azi wake up! Az?" Crowley

His eyes flitted open. His hand reached for his head and he sighed.

"That's it. I'm putting you in bed. Your gonna be the death of me Angel." Crowley

He scooped him up and bride-style carried him up the spiral staircase and into bed. With a snap of Crowley's fingers, the angel was wearing light blue pyjamas and had freshly changed bandages. Crowley nodded and walked back downstairs to made the crepes. Once in the kitchen, he grounded down the tablets and mixed the powder into some melted chocolate. He then drizzled the chocolate onto the pancakes and added rainbow sprinkles and whipped cream. He knew this was the Angels favourite. He whipped up some hot chocolate and added the same toppings. Plate and mug in hand, he trudged up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"Your breakfast is served!" Crowley

"Oh, thank you Crowley! You are really too kind. Oh, crepes!" Azi

Aziraphale excitedly flapped his hands until given the plate and mug in which he dug in straight away.

"Ah, I love crepes." Azi

"I know Angel, I was the one who broke you outta prison for them." Crowley

"Oh yes! Thank you for that." Azi

Crowley nodded and left the room. Aziraphale chewed the pancakes slowly. Something tasted different. He couldn't put his finger on it.

Some time later, Aziraphale was feeling better and decided to ask Crowley if they could go to the coffee shop. He hadn't been out in ages.

"Crowley, dear. Please can we go to Nina's coffee shop? I feel terribly cooped up in here, plus, I am feeling quite well!" Azi

The demon thought for a few moments.

"Fine, but if you fall on me Angel, I swear to Satan." Crowley

Aziraphale clapped his hands together as a smile spread across his face.

The walk over proved difficult for the Angel. He stumbled a few times and had to hold on to Crowley. Passers by watched the pair make their way across the road, they seemed to loose interest pretty quickly when the demon gave them a death stare though. Finally they arrived, the little bell dinging.

The quaint little cafe nestled between the bustling streets of Soho was a repetitive choice for Aziraphale and Crowley. Named "Give me Coffee or Give me Death." the establishment had an otherworldly charm that seemed to suit their tastes. Over the centuries, their regular luncheons had become a cherished tradition.

"Hello! Mr. Fell, where the hell did you go? Do you know how you made this one feel?" Nina

She gestured to Crowley.

Aziraphale's heart sank. He didn't know, Crowley never expressed his feelings. He couldn't imagine someone actually loving him.

"Yes, I left. I know." Azi

The angel spoke quite harshly, very out of character. The other two looked quite taken aback by his tone of voice.

"Oh. Well, a hot chocolate for you and six shots of espresso in a big cup for you?" Nina

"Nothing for me, thanks." Crowley

"Oh, why not dear? And yes I will have a hot chocolate, please!" Azi

"Not in the mood for consumption right now Angel." Crowley

"Ah yes, you've already had your monthly feeding I presume?" Azi

"Perks of being part snake!" Crowley

Nina reappeared, holding a hot chocolate and an eccles cake.

"Just in case, it's on the house." Nina

"Why thank you! How very kind." Azi

Aziraphale finished his hot chocolate and cake and the pair left the shop. On the way back however, the angel lost control of his legs and fell, his vision fading once again. Crowley, thankfully, caught him in time.

"Angel?! For Satans sake...I knew this would happen!" Crowley

"Im...ow. Im fine dear! I just tripped is all!" Azi

"Yeah well wait until you 'just trip' and reopen all of your cuts Az!" Crowley

Crowley walked Aziraphale back to the bookshop, his arm supporting him the whole way there. He was half helping him walk and half getting as much physical touch as he could. They arrived at the bookshop and Aziraphale retired to bed to take a nap and recover from his fall.

A few hours later, the demon was sitting on the couch downstairs, and Azi showed up with a cane in his hand.

"You got a cane? Oh, Angel..." Crowley

"Do you like it? It's you of course!" Azi

The cane resembled a black and red snake with yellow eyes.

"Oh Az...yes i love it!" Crowley

I could kiss you.