Chapter 4

TEAGAN'S POV

Dr. Keith wanted the day to do some tests and assessments on Audrey. Thankfully Audrey came up to a bigger headspace at 4 years old, her earrings were a very lovely purple. We are hoping she continues to go up in her headspace and hopefully come out of it enough to give us an answer. So with the day set for Audrey, Liz insisted we go get some supplies for the house.

I feel horrible for changing Kai's nursery for Audrey but Liz explained it's probably for the best to help put Kai to rest. I agree but I'm keeping some of his things in there, I can't replace my baby's things like that. Kai had a forest themed nursery because he loved going on hikes with us all the time. Oh how I miss his little giggles when Liz would jog ahead with him in his baby carrier.

"How about an underwater theme?" Liz speaks up, glancing away from the road briefly to face me. "God no I hate that idea, she isn't Ariel" I laugh. "Hey that was a good idea don't patronize me" she playfully sulks and faces the road again as the light turns green. "I'm sorry baby, it was a wonderful idea. I just don't like it, what about butterflies?" I question.

Trying to figure out a nursery on such short notice is a little stressful. I mean we don't even know Audrey's likes and dislikes. On-top of the nursery we need to design a room for big Audrey to have some personal space without having to sleep in princess sheets.

Dr. Keith did instruct us to get Audrey in a toddler bed or if we get a big bed to have side rails no matter the headspace because of her size but that doesn't mean she needs her room baby-fyed. She also said Audrey will need to ride in a car seat no matter the headspace again due to size and weight and I just hope Audrey won't fight us on that.

"What about Winnie the Pooh, it's simple, gender neutral and cute" Liz says excitedly. "Actually I love that idea, if she hates it then we will change it for her, and for her big room. I think maybe keeping it simple for now so she can come shopping with us to pick her own stuff" I explain as Liz pulls into a parking space not too far from the store entrance.

"Babies R us, the store to find it all" she jokes as she climbs out of the car and opens my door to let me out. "Madame" she says in a posh voice as she tips an invisible hat. "You're such a goof but thank you love" I peck her lips.

We ended up buying a lot more than I was planning. We got a highchair, a rear-facing car seat, some clothes for all kinds of headspaces along with a lot of pacifiers and more diapers and pull ups than you can count. We got her some bottles and other essentials.

We didn't need to get a crib or changing table because we have Kai's old ones, we will just swap the sheets and blankets out. We also got some sticker decals for the room of Winnie the Pooh and his pals. "I hope she doesn't hate it, I know when she's in such a small headspace she won't care so much but her big headspace will see it and what If it makes little her hate it" I rant out before Liz pulled me into a comforting hug.

"Shh love, she will like it no matter what, I have a sneaking suspicion she doesn't have much and will appreciate anything she's given and if not it's not a big deal to change it. okay? Don't stress so much over it love, it will be alright" she comforts and I have to admit it's working.

I sink further into her embrace soaking it all up and inhaling her wonderful warm forest scent. "We should go set this all up before we take her home" I break apart the hug and help finish loading the car.

AUDREY'S POV

"Alright Miss Audrey, are you all ready now?" Doctor Keith asks as she finishes putting my pink sneakers on, they even light up!!! I nod before hopping off the chair I was sitting on and taking her hand as she leads me down this loooong boring hallway.