Chapter 5

Audrey's POV

They left me to get settled in my room while they prepped dinner. I looked through the closet that held mostly childish clothing. I looked through the dresser in the back of the closet that seemed to have all the more age appropriate clothing for me.

I don't even know where to begin to thank these two, I mean they just took in some random person they found one day and spent thousands just to house them. They are putting in so much effort and time to look after me no matter what and I just feel so guilty. It's not like I chose to be like this.

I was sitting on the toddler bed when there was a light knock on the door. "Audrey? Dinner is all ready, I hope you don't mind having soup tonight, Tea wanted to make you something from-" She stopped once she had fully come in and looked at me. I was confused until she asked if I was alright. I'm crying? I didn't even realize. "Honey what happened? Is the room not something you like because we can certainly change it all to whatever you want." she rushed over to me, squatting down to meet my eyes.

She wipes away my tears with her finger looking at me for a response. I shake my head. "No, I'm just really grateful is all" I smile. Her face grows happy when she realizes I'm okay. "I'm glad, Are you ready for dinner? Tea is really excited to have you try this soup" she chuckles, standing and heading out the door, looking back to be sure I'm following.

As we walk closer to the kitchen this warm aroma hits my nose. It smells really good, it's making my stomach rumble. "Hey, there you guys are, I set the table so sit where you like." Teagen seems really excited. It's weird how they are so comfortable with a stranger in their house already. Maybe they are trying to comfort me, I'm unsure.

I sat across from Liz when Teagen came out with a dish in hand, placing it down in the center of the table before sitting. "I'm sorry um, I didn't ask what you wanted to drink" Teagen stood abruptly and seemed slightly frazzled. "It's okay, can I just have water please?" She nods and goes to the kitchen. I sit up on my knees because I don't quite reach the table sitting normally.

Liz chuckles as Teagen comes back with a pitcher of water and some cups. "What's funny babe?" Teagen laughs as she places the stuff down on the table, taking a seat and dishing out the food to everyone. "Oh I was just realizing how we need to get someone a booster seat because she can't reach." She gestures towards me and I blush with embarrassment.

Teagen clears her throat giving Liz a glare as she hands me my bowl of soup. Looking at it, it looks a little different but it smells really good. "Let me know how you like it, it's a soup my grandmother made me as a child from her home country" Teagen proudly states. Taking my spoon I give it a try, my eyes widen at the deliciously smooth taste. It's only a little spicy but it's really good. "You like it?" She asks and I nod before continuing. "What's the meat in here? It tastes different" I look up and she blushes a bit before saying its lamb.

I drop my spoon and look at her in shock. I love lambs. I can't believe I just ate one. "Yeah it's lamb, they are a traditional meat in Scotland. Is it bad? I'm sorry. I can make you something else?" She panics. I feel horrible. I just insulted her cooking when nothing was wrong with it. I just don't ever want to eat such a cute thing ever again. I shake my head no and try to eat around the meat. I got full really fast. Being the size that I am, my stomach is significantly smaller, it's proportional to my size but I'm not normal. I thought the least I could do was bring my dish to the sink.

Grabbing the half empty bowl I try to slide off the seat. Only problem was I didn't hit the support on the chair and fell straight on the floor, the bowl shattering on impact splattering hot soup on me. "Shit are you alright?" Liz panics as they both shoot up out of their seats, rushing and crouching down to me. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" I repeated.

I'm crying and in pain. The soup burned me and there is a cut on my knee. I'm picked up by Teagen and rushed to the sink. "Hey it's okay, it was an accident." She explained as she rushed to strip my clothes. "I can do it myself!" I shout as I hit her hand away. She looks hurt but nods and leaves. I try to take my shirt off but it's getting stuck and It's pissing me off. I grunt and kick out in frustration sitting on the counter just watching the two clean up my mess. I hate this so fucking much.