Chapter 12 - Is this Love? Tu hi bata na!

They were done with breakfast and everyone got busy in their own things, Nani and Mami heading towards the living room together to watch repeat telecast of their favorite serials while deciding what to cook for lunch for the day, while others getting ready to leave their home sweet home for another day of study or work!

Arnav and Ayan rushed to their room to collect their things before they leave the house and that's when Ayan remembered to share with his brother something about Khushi. He looked at Arnav who was checking on his phone and said, "Bhai I've a good news for you!"

Arnav looked up at him as he shrugged his shoulder, "What?"

Ayan smiled as he looked behind to see if anyone was coming to their room or not, and then approached Arnav, whispering to him, "You know I thought someone kidnapped you when I wasn't finding you anywhere, so I said this to Khushi didi.. do you know what she did? She immediately said in a scolding tone to me not to say such things."

Ayan thought after sharing this small thing with his brother, Arnav's happiness would reach sky level but here the opposite happened, Arnav remained unaffected by the information he got, "What's good news in this? Anyone in her place would have said the same thing to you Ayan."

It was his reply that made Ayan frown at him and snatch the phone from his hand as he used to same phone to wave in front of his brother's face as if giving him a wake up gesture, "Kya matlab.. don't you get it bhai? Khushi didi cares for you."

Arnav shook his head as if not believing Ayan's words, "Isse kuch prove nahi hota Ayan.. (nothing gets proved by this Ayan).. She considers me as her friend and that's why she cares for me."

"Haan pyaar hi toh dosti hai! (Yes, love is friendship only!)" Ayan said adding SRK's touch to their conversation with a wide smile on his friend.

Arnav rolled his eyes as his hand reached to take his phone back from Ayan's hand and walked away from there saying, "Let's go.. we're getting late Sasta SRK and take my office bag too.. today I'm going to drive you to school with my car so you'll have to do everything as I say."

Ayan pouted as he carried his school bag and his brother's office bag and followed his brother muttering to himself, "Sab ki sewa karna hi mera kaam hota hai is ghar mein! (Serving everyone is only my work in this house)."

****************************************************************

Arnav and Ayan were coming down the stairs very quickly as it was their habit, but Khushi stayed behind as she couldn't catch up to their speed. It was only when Arnav realized that she was left behind that he slowed down his speed so she could catch up to him.

Ayan with his speed had disappeared from there, and only they were descending the stairs now. The moment his stubborn eyes - who have been resisting from making eye contact with her until now - met hers - beautiful longing hazel colored eyes - he unknowingly let his guards down, allowing a gentle smile appear on his face, especially for her and in return, he received her sweet shy smile as she looked down at the books she was holding.