Chapter 13 - Tum Kya Mile!

"Chalein Arnav?" Aman approached Arnav, who was waiting for him to bid goodbye to his girlfriend Sheetal at the parking lot of their company.

"Yeah," Arnav, who was chatting with Khushi on WhatsApp, nodded as he glanced once at Aman before shifting his concentration back to his phone to inform Khushi that they're on their way to pick them up from college. 

As they walked to Arnav's car, Arnav got in the car and kept his phone on his pant pocket as he looked at Aman, who took the front seat beside him.

"There's a slight change for our plan tonight," he informed his friend.

"Slight change in MY plan and I'M the one who doesn't know about it?" Aman raised his one eyebrow.

Arnav flashed a sheepish smile to his friend before explaining, "Well, it's just that we're not going to your new place tonight, but to watch Rocky aur Rani ki Prem Kahani. " 

"Rocky aur Rani kaun? And why are we going to watch their love story?" Aman gave him a 'Hain??' confused expression.

"Because Khushi wants to watch their love story," Arnav replied, "It's a movie, Aman. Instead of partying tonight, I thought we should take Khushi, Lavanya, and Ayan to watch the movie with us. What say?"

Aman shook his head, staring at his friend judgingly, "You're ditching your best friend because of your new friend. Waah.. sahi hai!"

"Don't be dramatic, Aman. I'm not ditching you. If you use your brain, then you'll understand why I made this plan so that I can keep you and Khushi happy," Arnav said, punching Aman's cheek playfully.

"Does it hurt to say a simple 'no' to Khushi?"  Aman asked amused.

"It does," Arnav chuckled softly as he shrugged, "Main kya karu? Voh ekdum masoom si, cuti si bacchi ki tarah hai.. usse manna karne ka dil nahi karta hai mera (What should I do? She's like an innocent and cute kid. I don't feel like saying no to her.)

Aman glanced at him suspiciously, "I see.."

Understanding his friend's gaze, Arnav cleared, "No, I'm not back to my Majnu Aashiq mode for your kind information. I just feel like Khushi's family put a lot of restrictions on her, and because of this, she struggles to talk openly with others. She always keeps herself isolated from everyone, hiding in her room under the pretext of studying. That's why I'm always soft with her. I'm dealing with her patiently so I can make herself comfortable and let her enjoy life the way she should without having fear of her family. And you know, nowadays I'm seeing changes in Khushi's behavior, she had the courage to send me a message asking me to take her to watch this movie and I finally see my efforts bringing fruitful results."

"Accha thik hai.. don't make me emotional otherwise I'll start rooting for your happily ever after with Khushi," Aman pouted.

"No love story.. I don't want to focus on this now," Arnav shook his head, "My and Khushi's friendship is way more beautiful than my one sided love."

"What happened to the Arnav who was so determined and willing to fight for his first love? What made you change like this?" Aman asked curiously.

"That Arnav got his reality check from his dear Ma and his best friend, Aman!" Arnav replied.

"Good boy!" Aman pulled his cheek earning a glare from his friend.  

Suddenly Aman got hiccups, he patted his chest and Arnav was quick to offer him a bottle of water. Aman thanked him, saying: Let's go.. *hiccups* it must be Lavanya cursing me *hiccups* for being late to pick them up from college. She already complains to Ma at home that they have to wait a long time for us to get off work and then pick her up."