Chapter 16 - Jo hoga dekha jayega (2)

At the living room..

"I just came here to ask you a favour. Can you please hand over this file to Boss? I'm taking a day off from the office, so I won't be able to do it today," asked Sheetal as she took out a file from her bag and handed it over to Arnav.

Arnav nodded, taking the file from her hand, wondering why she thought it was okay to go to his house and ask for this favour instead of asking her boyfriend, Aman.

As if reading his thoughts, Sheetal explained, “I am going to the hospital with my mother. Your house is on the way, so it’s easier for me to come here instead of going to Aman’s house.”

"It's okay, bitiya. Why would you bother his friend, Aman? It's Chote's duty only to come to your rescue whenever you need any help," Nani smiled a little.

Sheetal smiled, blushing. Ratna raised her brows amused at the girl's acting skills.

Arnav was feeling suffocated and wanted this nightmare to end as soon as possible. He was feeling really uncomfortable and awful acting like a boyfriend to his best friend's girlfriend. Acting in real in front of his family proved to be worse than what he, Ayan, and Aman had thought while planning this.

Ayan was feeling guilty and pity of his brother as because of his initial lie, his brother is witnessing this day in his life.

"Is everything okay with your mother's health?" Nani asked politely as she heard Sheetal mentioning to Arnav that she's going to the hospital.

"Blood pressure high hai," Sheetal replied.

"Oh. She must be tensed, thinking about your wedding," Nani said, taunting her grandson to not make them wait anymore and take the next step as soon as possible.

Sheetal smiled awkwardly, "Yes…maybe…I think she’s been stressing about this topic a lot lately.”

"See.. I just knew it," Nani said.

Arnav frowned, looking up at his mother and gesturing her through his eyes to make Nani control her mouth. She was speaking more than necessary now.

Ratna immediately spoke, "Kya Ma.. don't pressure them to get married. Let them take their own time to take the final decision when they're ready for it."

"Yeah.. so, I guess that's it.. your mother must be waiting for you downstairs," Arnav forced a smile on his face when all he wanted to do was curse Sheetal's bad timing for showing up at his house.

"Hello hi bye bye.. why don't you invite your mother to come uparstairs and have breakvrat with us? Mami made the invitation as she was curious to see Arnav's future mother in law.

Arnav silently prayed for Sheetal to deny the offer, and for his luck, she did as she stood up from the sofa, holding her bags in her hands with a polite smile, "That's so sweet of you aunty. But some other time, for sure. We're getting late now."

Mami faked a smile, trying to hide her displeasure.

Nani gestured for Arnav to accompany Sheetal to the door. And he looked at Sheetal, making way for her to walk as he followed her and instead of walking her to the door, Arnav walked her down the stairs to her car.

"Hello hi bye bye.. gentleadmi accompanying his ladki till her car," Mami giggled, teasing behind.

Everyone was giggling and in teasing mood after the first meeting with Arnav's mysterious girlfriend, except Ratna, Ayan, and Khushi.

*****************************************

While descending the stairs with Sheetal, Arnav was playing with his hands awkwardly as he finally opened his mouth to speak, clearing his throat, "Well.. hmm.. thanks, yaar.. for you know, acting along.."