New beginning

Gabriel's pov

     She leaned on me, my heart raced, it had been beating unusually fast since I got into this position with her, I tried to not think about it, I tried to continue playing the game, but my palms were becoming sweaty no matter how many times I wiped it off.
   I very well knew it was because of her, I looked at her and noticed she had fallen asleep

" Liela?" I called but no reply. Yep, she was asleep, I put down the remote control, her head was now on my chest, slightly bent to the side, her breathing was calm and steady, she was... Beautiful. With that thought, I mentally reminded myself she was my cousin, a relative. Not like I didn't know that before but I felt I should keep it in mind.

I didn't know what to do, I slept here sometimes when I didn't feel like sleeping in my room, but I couldn't let her sleep here with me, especially not on me like this, I didn't want mom to read meanings ' besides this had no meaning' I told myself.

I slowly used my fingers in removing the stray hair that had found it's way to her face, I starred at her face, she was my cousin. I scolded myself.
   I slowly lifted her in my arms carrying her bridal style as I stood up , she curled her body further into my arms resting her head on my chest, I starred at her for a while then lifted her up a bit more, I didn't know why I did that, I held her closer making her head fall to the side of my face resting on the crook of my neck, I took a deep breath that came out rough.

I wasn't stupid, I was fully aware of what was going on with me. I walked up the stairs with her in my arms, i took her to her room and tucked her into her bed before turning off the light and walked out of her room.
   I went back to the living room to play my game but I was no longer interested in it, I packed up, I picked up the bowl of popcorn remembering how she tried to feed me
' She is your cousin, your relative' I told myself.

****
Liela's pov

   I woke up on my bed the next morning, I knew Gabriel was the one who brought me here, thinking of everything that happened last night, I felt slightly embarrassed, today was the day I was to go to school, my new life was about to begin, it had already begun but you know.... School stuff.

I took my bath, got dressed in my uniform, I styled my hair, I took my backpack and stood in front of the mirror ' I think I'm good'  I said to myself, I came out of my room, climbed down the stairs, I looked to the dinning and saw everyone already there, eating,
   I walked towards them, the first person to see me was Gabriel, his eyes lingered on me for a moment before he looked back to his food and continued eating, he didn't give away any expression.

I couldn't tell if he approved of my look or not, just then Mrs Fidelia's eyes turned to me
" Oh my God Liela... You look so beautiful" Mrs Fidelia spoke excitedly. And finally, Abel and Mr Noah looked at me.

Abel's mouth opened wide in a
" Woah...." He said in disbelieve, it brought a wide smile to my face " You are so beautiful" Abel added. Whew.... Abel didn't hate me
" You look good Liela" Mr Noah said and my smile widened even more. I looked at Gabriel if he'll say anything but he didn't, he just kept eating his food.

The smile on my face quickly reduced. I felt I wasn't good enough yet since he didn't compliment me.

" Come, come, come eat, you'll be late for school" Mrs Fidelia said pulling out the chair by her side and I walked to it and sat, hanging my backpack on the chair, I started eating carefully so not to stain my face or my uniform. I stole glances at Gabriel.

Sigh.

Did he not like me? I thought we were okay last night.

   Gabriel soon got up from his food, he looked at me, I looked at him realizing we were late
" Go dear, you'll be late" Mrs Fidelia said handing me a lunch box, " I packed extra food for you just incase" She said and I took it with a smile. She was too nice. I put the lunch box in my backpack as I stood up.

I wore my backpack, when I looked, I saw that Gabriel had already gotten to the door, opened it and went out. I quickly waved at everyone at the dinning and hurried after him.

  There was a black car waiting for us, I don't know what the name of the car was but it looked expensive. Gabriel opened one of the doors of the backseat, threw his bag in and entered, I hurried to the car and entered after Gabriel told me to.

There was a man who looked in his 40's on the drivers seat " Do we move?" The man asked. Gabriel looked at me

" Put on your seatbelt" he instructed, I just starred at him like a dummy, I don't know why I just starred at him like I didn't know what he was talking about. He looked frustrated as he shifted closer to me and stretched to hold the seat belt by my side. My eyes widened at the closeness, he was quick though, he belted me in and pulled away.

   My eyes followed him as he sat back in his old position, he sat far away from me, close to the other windscreen " Drive" he ordered and the car started moving just immediately.
   We drove out of the compound and into the highway. I looked out of the window looking at the big city.

__________________

Vote and comment ❤️❤️