Era Of Villains

"I SEE THAT YOUR TRUST issues are rooted in your awful experience, but you are barking at the wrong tree, your highness. After all, how can I bite the hands that will help me become the Queen Regent someday?"

Tori's words struck Yei Lin and Allistair, rendering them frozen for a split second. They never thought of this possibility at all! It was appropriate to say that both princes were stupefied for ever assuming that the Lady was doing this kind of theatrics just to gain their affection. After all, they were both future rulers of their own kingdoms! Who would have thought that Lady Victoria Rozenreff was aiming at the Queen Regent seat – a title with equivalent power to the Eckrett Empire's king?

The silence that engulfed them after Tori's revelation where shattered by the incoming steps of someone, someone Tori did not invite. Just as the darkness unveiled the person, Tori's smile faltered. "Prince Corean, what are you doing here?"

"I was here the whole time. I asked Lord Tofera to do so. Though I hope it won't offend all of you. Let me introduce myself properly. I'm the second prince of the Eckrett Empire, Prince Corean Shuia Eckrett."

Tori finally composed herself. She introduced her companions with a nonchalant smile plastered on her face. "Blessings to the Empire's star, Prince Corean. These are Crown Prince Yei Lin of the Ming Country and the lost prince, Prince Allistair Damon Monakre of the Kingdom of Monakre. Your highnesses, this is the leader of the aristocratic faction, Prince Corean."

"There is no need to be so formal. I am just here as a third party who simply watched Lady Tori with her endeavors, but her cute declaration made me come out. But I do agree with Lady Tori, you can't partake in the politics here, but you can show some support publicly. This would shift the tides of favor from the common folks." Prince Corean's light aura contrasts with Tori's manipulative stance.

Tori spoke in a no-bullshit tone. After all, this would be her first and last chance to convince the two princes. "By supporting the second prince, I can freely move to destroy the noble faction. And I will start it with Duke Rozenreff and his chosen successor, Lady Sabina Rozenreff., my half-sister."

That filthy half-blood.

Tori continued, "I will become queen by winning the Vesta challenge while Prince Corean will become king by winning the Hunt for the Elysian Crown. With the help of the allegiance from the kings of the ironclad countries of Ming and Monakre."

With this, we will start an era for villains.

Allistair nodded at Yei Lin, who later on offered their hands to Prince Corean and Tori. "I will take Alice with me to Ming country before taking him to the Monakre Kingdom. It will take us six months before we can come back here, but when we do, we will announce our support to the second prince and you, Lady Victoria."

"We, Monakres, never break our promise. And this I swear, I will repay you both when the right time comes."

"Thank you for safely securing Alice, Your Highness, Lady Victoria." The two took their turn in kissing the back of her palm and shaking the second prince's hand.

"We will wait for your return." But you will return immediately.

After all, I already sent a letter to both of your fathers under the identity of Benefactor T. That will serve as my insurance until you come back. You may become the king in the future, but I needed the power now.

TODAY IS the last day of spring.

Tori looked outside the windowpanes of the academy's library. Three months passed since the two princes left the premises of the empire. The absence of the Order's president caused quite a ruckus but was immediately stopped when Prince Lauren stepped up to be the temporary president of the Order.