Tori In The North

"YOU CAME prepared, yeah?" Akasha nudged her which startled Tori. What Akasha meant was Tori's outdoor dress and winter coat paired with winter gloves, a thick scarf, winter boots, and a very thick winter hat that covered her ears.

Even a bullet can't pierce me right now with how thick I'm covered.

"My handmaiden strategically prepared this one. I just hoped that this would not be a bother in the journey." Judging from the lack of carriage around the quiet port, Tori could guess that they would be riding a horse individually. And the way how she was dressed, could impose quite trouble for Tori.

Akasha seems to notice her momentary rigid reflex followed by her worried scanning of the area for carriages. "Carriages can't enter the Arin Tribe territory with the state of our land and climate. The steep mountains will endanger us if we ride the carriages. You do know how to ride a horse, no?"

Tori smiled and nodded as an answer. Even from her get-up, she could still feel the chilly breeze from the mountains. Somehow, she was glad that she was not transmigrated here. Tori could never imagine herself settling in this cold, desolate place.

I really hate cold weather.

Compared to her get-up, the northerners were dressed lightly as they were wrapped with their trademark animal cloth that was not enough for Tori to combat the cold.

They must be used to it.

Akasha grinned with satisfaction. She admitted that the nobles from the capital would cry at the sight of such desolation, but Tori did not. "Good. Or else, you'll be riding with my dolt of a brother. You don't like that, yeah? Well, you can always ride with me. I might not look like it but I am an excellent rider." Akasha patted her chest. Her chin was proud and her eyes were lively and bright.

What a chatterbox.

Tori was just smiling at Akasha who did not give her a reprieve to answer back. Tori simply glanced at her surrounding. Chieftain Keiran Arin was busy giving instructions to the newly arrived Arin tribe warriors. She could also see the extra three sturdy horses.

After a split second, realization dawned upon Tori when she finally remembered where she had seen such familiar elegant horses of a warrior.

Are they Andalusian horses? I've seen them at NatGeo during my past life as Talia. Wow.

Tori almost swoon when she saw the young chief straddling his almighty black Andalusian horse without much effort as if he was doing this his whole life. His long hair was tied in a sexy top-knot fashion. His muscles swelled visibly in all the right places which made Tori touch her chin to check if she was not drooling.

Now that is a man worth drooling, a total eye candy. Oh yeah, I also drooled when I first saw Prince Corean.

Upon remembering the wretched second prince, the cause of Tori's headache, she immediately stopped her train of thoughts.

Remember, you already set your path, Tori! You are at the point of no return.

"Ready to go, Lady Victoria?" Chief Keiran already approached Tori, who was the last person who was yet to ride a horse. Tori finally took notice that everyone was already sitting atop a horse except for her who was busily drooling over the chieftain.

"Yes, Chief Keiran." She replied with a smile to the young chief. Beside him, Tori saw a chestnut-colored mare that was guided by Chief Keiran's man. Tori walked forward slowly and carefully to avoid startling the horse. When it was already within Tori's reach, she gently touched its face to familiarize herself with each other. The mare responded positively, a go signal for Tori to straddle it already.