Trifecta Academy's Examination

THE VAST greenery of the surrounding field of the academy astonished Tori as they stopped at the entrance of the school. Every nook and cranny of the architecture of Trifecta Academy screamed Renaissance style in front of them. The old-looking palace preserved history and sophistication the more anyone stared at it.

Prince Lauren went out of the carriage first and strode inside the academy like Tori and Prince Corean were not his companion.

Jerk

Prince Corean offered him his hand, which Tori took since all the royal knights were looking at them as they went out of the carriage.

"Thank you, your highness."

Prince Corean just smiled gently, but his calculating eyes told her otherwise. Tori just walked behind Prince Corean since they were only going to one place.

The royal family is a bunch of psychos.

A middle-aged man welcomed the princes and Tori. His stature screamed wisdom and power. His beard was well-trimmed and his eyes were both friendly and knowing.

"I welcome you on behalf of the faculty. Please proceed to the exam room Prince Corean and Lady Victoria. Prince Lauren, you can now proceed to your dorm room."

"I entrust my sibling and Lady Victoria Rozenreff to you, headmaster. Ruwyn, let's go." The first prince took his aide with him as they strode towards the left side of the academy where the dorms for the nobles were located.

Tori forgot about the dorms, but she would think about it later after she passed the exam. Prince Corean walked ahead of her as she followed them together with Rowan.

"Are you alright, Lady Tori?" Rowan asked her when he was walking beside her. He was looking straight ahead, but his words were full of concern. His concern was rooted in the fact that his lady was left alone inside a carriage full of men.

Rowan disliked how the first prince stared at Lady Tori and how he casually touched her as if he owned her. Rowan was restraining and was using his control just not to commit treason.

Tori gratefully smiled at Rowan. "Yes, thank you. I was just exhausted by sitting idly inside an enclosed space, but thank you kind sir for the concern." Tori tried to lighten up his mood of Rowan as he was visibly frowning.

Be loyal to me, Rowan. Protect me from scum like Lauren. Make sure to know whom you'll point your blades at in the future and never forget who helped you.

I own you, Rowan.

They stopped when they were greeted by huge wooden doors that would be the entrance to the exam hall. Tori smiled at Rowan and walked behind Prince Corean as those with invitations only could come inside.

As Tori stepped inside the exam hall. A wide room with chandeliers hanging above the room, wide windows on the wall, dozens of desks for the examinees, and a single table for the proctor welcomed Tori. Though the proctor was still not present, there were a lot of students, both nobles and commoners inside the exam hall.

Whispers erupted inside the exam hall as the people recognized the second prince. Noble girls wagged their tails as they offered an empty seat beside them while the common folks were just watching and not even daring to offer their seats.

"Prince Corean decided to take the exam!"

"I thought he announced last month that he won't?"

"The queen may persuade him."

Tori didn't care that Corean was the center of attention. She elegantly walked towards a certain noble with red hair and emerald eyes. There's only one noble family who had that feature, the House of Larat.