Fearless Victoria

I NEED COREAN TO STAY on his line. I remembered his attitude during the day. I can't let him do that again. Not now. He needs to be the king.

"Prince Lauren and Prince Corean did not leave the premises of the academy, Lady Tori."

Good.

"I will have to change, Lily. Please be with Rowan for the moment." Finishing the éclair, Tori served herself her favorite chamomile tea. Glancing at the folded commoner's dress, Tori did not mind using it. Finishing her splendid breakfast inside the cell, Tori took the dress and changed for herself with no handmaiden helping her at all. It was not that hard for Tori since the commoners' dresses did not have the added fancy designs like nobles' dresses.

Tori's golden ringlets flowed freely with no jewel pins or ribbons. Her ears were bare from any pearls and jewels. They adorned her neck with the necklace that Lady M gave her. Tori felt light oddly enough.

A knock stopped Tori from her train of thoughts. "Come in."

Stepping inside the room, a dashing Rowan came inside. Gone was the baggy knight uniform from the Rozenreff Duchy. Tori smiled wickedly upon realizing the sigil he was wearing. It's the Castaña Duchy's coat of arms.

"I did not know that the Duke is quick. You're now wearing the coat of arms." Tori leaned towards Rowan who was just smiling beyond the steel bars as she touched the sigil of his Duchy on his right chest.

Grasping her hand, Rowan's eyes met hers with just the steel bars separating them. "I present myself to you, Lady Victoria Rozenreff, as your knight and the official heir apparent to the Castaña Dukedom. With this title, I swear to protect you and the endeavors you will take. I will be your sword and shield against anyone who wished and will wish you harm." Without losing eye contact, Rowan brought her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles gently.

You will be more than my sword and shield, Rowan. You will help me secure my life.

Smiling slyly, Tori replied with her wickedly sweet voice. "Take me to the courthouse, my kind sir. We have a trial to trash."

Gone was the anxious shadow that always loomed Rowan's eyes but was replaced with confidence that only people with power could have. Walking by his side towards the exit of the prison cell, Tori steeled herself before facing the commoners waiting for her outside.

"Don't worry, I will protect you." Rowan knew what those commoners were capable of since he was once a part of that crowd before Tori helped him. Those people enjoyed seeing a noble suffer.

Shaking her, Tori walked before him and straight outside the prison doors with her head held high. Caught off guard, Rowan was a minute too late. And when he dashed outside to protect her, fruits and eggs were being thrown toward Tori.

"Lady Tori! Knights, secure them! Lady Tori!" Rowan dashed to cover her form, but her calm face did not show any distress that a normal noble would feel because of the humiliation.

The knights that Rowan stationed gave a brief reprieve for her since the thrown things only hit her feet at most. With Rowan covering her mostly, the knights barricade the restless crowd as Tori never stopped walking towards the waiting carriage.

Such a petty thing to do. Look at my face peasants and never forget that the girl you condemn today will be the queen you will bow to in the future. For I will never forget this as long as I live.

Glancing up at the sky before she would go inside the carriage. Aah, what an auspicious day it is.

A HOARD of commoners welcomed Tori as soon as she stepped out of the carriage. With tomatoes and eggs in their hands, they volleyed them to her. "Cover us!" Rowan instinctively covered Tori using his entire body. He walked before her. But as they progressed, the common folks became wilder than the last time.