The Smell OF The First War

CHIEF KEIRAN TOOK THE SILENCE as a signal to start the war council as he stood up which drew everyone's attention including hers. Standing proud at the head of the table, the young chief pointed out the northern territory.

Tori did not fail to notice that instead of a map focusing on the northern region. Instead, the map focused on the entirety of the Eckrett Empire.

Oh ho, what do we have here?

"Our warriors from the southwestern area reported that the Noshin Tribe's main force marched to the south. In the northeastern area, the Teiwar also sent their main force to the south. With their recent activities, their rendezvous point is the Tekaran Tribe of the south. They will march forward with their renewed forces and attack us." Chief Keiran moved the pawns of the three tribes together and pushed them slowly towards the borders of the Arin Tribe on the map.

Tori listened but her eyes were on the Arin Tribe's territory with her finger on her chin.

No, they are too obvious. The opposing tribes should know that the Arin Tribe sent spies around their respective territories. Why are they deliberately giving their enemies a clue? Unless it is a trap.

"We will move our defenses to the center of the mountains," spoke an elder followed by s of 'ayes' from the council. Centering the defenses to meet a hoard of enemies was a basic response after receiving such information.

Is it the main goal of the opposing forces?

The elder woman from earlier spoke at her with her menacing tone, "Can we hear the opinion of our guest? I want to know how the imperialists analyze this." Her voice was laced with a mocking tone.

Tori replied with an overconfident smile that ticked off the elders.

"The Noshin Tribe is an equestrian tribe that ruled this continent once a century ago. Yet they marched to Tekaran Tribe of the south if we disregard their obvious trap, why aren't they using their strongest point to this war?"

An elder answered with a confident voice as if, her asking them, was the stupidest thing. "They know that we know their strongest point so they aimed to surprise us."

"They wanted to surprise you yet they deliberately marched to the south as if they did not know that there would be spies from you? Do you actually believe that they're that stupid or do you want to believe that they're stupid enough?"

The elders could not rebut Tori who was looking at each of them with daring red eyes without losing her sweet voice and sugary smile. "So what do you want to tell us? That they are using our spies against us?" Chief Keiran asked Tori which made her snap her attention to the young chief who was looking at her seriously.

Tori leaned to point to the harbor where they landed and traced it to the sea up to the back part of the Arin Tribe where it was just an open sea. "With the illusion of joining their forces together, your guard will focus on your vanguard to prepare for their incoming great number leaving your rear guard open for attack."

Since the Arin Tribe was surrounded by icy mountain ranges in the north of northern regions, they tend to focus on their south which was facing the other tribes. The Arin Tribe wrapped their minds in the belief that no one would be crazy enough to use warships to conquer their northern territory which was the open sea.

What they failed to realize is that their northern sea territory is their only weakness.

"If we split up our men, we will perish! You are speaking rubbish, imperialist!" The elderly woman pointed at her. Her angry silver eyes wanted to devour Tori.

"Am I? The northern region's caste system is not that different from the Eckrett Empire no matter how hard you try. Only the strongest stay on top. Things such as loyalty and filial attachments are sentiments that are called myths. You lose the moment you cling to it. You trusted the other three tribes but haven't you ever wondered if they really served you loyally or if they were only waiting for you to crumble?" Tori's gaze shifted to the young chieftain who triggered the buried rift between the northern tribes. He was looking at her with an unreadable expression.