Chapter five

Recap: Lilly's POV

"Dum da dum da dum dum..." I was humming and starting on breakfast the smell was unbearable, I clenched my stomach and ran for it. I got to the bathroom and lost the contents of my stomach, that's the third time this week! I stood up and brushed my teeth violently I flushed the toilet and did a cleaning spell so it didn't smell or look gross. I heard Charlie's snore in the other room and I smiled to myself. Then a loud pop filled my ears I walked out of the bathroom and came face to face with...

A death eater. "Hello love," Fennir Greyback said looking at me "reducto!" I said he flew against the wall "petrificus totalus!" I exclaimed I ran in our room and packed mine and Charlie's stuff he was awake and getting dressed I pointed my wand at the stove and it turned itself off "removo" I said after I grabbed Greyback's wand and stuffed it in my pocket he vanished and remained frozen. I put up a number of protection charms around the house then me and Charlie apperated to grimmuld place I ran in to see daddy, uncle Sirius and mum (I've been calling her that since we've become closer over the past few months) talking. "death eaters showed up at the house this morning." I said a little shaken up daddy rushed over and checked me for cuts and/or bruises or you know missing limbs or something like that... I don't know why I'm not a child anymore but when he hugged me I felt a whole lot safer than I just had at my house. "Can we stay here for a few weeks or so...?" I asked hugging uncle Sirius he smiled down at me and ruffled my hair "course you can doll!" He said hugging me back.

#a week later#

It's Monday morning and surprise surprise I find myself kneeled over the toilet again. Just like every morning this week and last. "Engorgio." I muttered and the toilet was sparkling clean again I stood up and turned around to see a concerned Molly Weasley and mum. "How long have you been sick dearie?" Molly asked while I scrubbed at my teeth hopelessly trying to rid my mouth of the disgusting taste "about two weeks... Why?" I asked she nodded "Are you late on your 'monthly gift'" mum asked my eyes got wide and I turned to them and nodded slowly as the realization hit me. I might be pregnant...

The next week was rough I was completely denying it you can't get knocked up on your first time! I was trying to convince myself but it wasn't working. I was constantly cleaning or cooking (when I could since some food smells still made me sick). Charlie was watching me intently as I wandered around the house cleaning and singing softly to myself. Finally he stood up and grabbed my arms gently and turned me around in his arms "Lilly what's bothering you? You haven't been the same since the stupid death eater came in. Is that what's wrong?" He asked me looking deep into my eyes I shook my head "no it's just that I've got a lot on my mind here lately and that just added to it." I said honestly wrapping my arms around him I kissed him and he kissed back his arms around my back "happy birthday by the way." He said my eyes got wide "OH MY MERLIN! Is that today?!" I asked hugging him while he laughed we made breakfast for everyone -pancakes with fruit and whipped cream- about halfway through the meal I turned to mum "lets go check today." I whispered and she smiled at me and nodded we finished and me and mum apperated to st. mungoes

"Lupin, Lillian" the nurse said I stood up and grabbed mamas hand like it was the last life raft on the titanic -a muggle shipwreck it was tragic- we walked down a hallway and soon a female healer came in and asked me a bunch of questions and then pulled out her wand and muttered a spell she nodded and wrote on her clipboard.

"Mrs. Lupin," I shook my head "miss." I said she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and nodded again "ok then miss Lupin" she spat out miss like it was below her. Like I was below her.

"You are in fact pregnant." I looked at tonks who's expression was unreadable the healer looked at me in disgust and walked out I stood up and grabbed my purse when reality hit me like a ton of bricks I hugged tonks "I'm gonna have a baby!" I said excitedly she hugged me and we jumped up and down like a couple of immature twelve year olds...

I'm going to be a mother.

Oh this poor child!