CHAPTER 6: Out of Bed.

QUICK A/N: sorry for the weird schedule, schools been a b//tch lately.

SORRY THERES NO CHAPTER BANNER LMAO..

(PREVIOUSLY...)

..and he sat on his knees and looked down, eventually fainting.

...

Kel(?) opened his eyes, and laid there for a while.

He stared at the ceiling, pretending Hiki was on a space mission with his friends and Captain Spaceboy.

His fantasy was rudely interrupted when he heard knocking at his door. He didn't care enough to question how he could hear the knocking from his room but slowly got out of bed. His legs felt weak, his hair was very tangled, and his clothes were rumpled.

He got to the stairs. He couldn't go down. He saw Hero at the bottom. The knocking got louder and impatient. He shook it off, as it was just a hallucination. He continued to the door. There was so much light seeping out of the slightly open door. It creaked open as Kel used his forearm to cover his eyes from the shining sun.

 There were two people outside—one seemingly 15 year old and one 19-20 year old— waiting for him

There were two people outside—one seemingly 15 year old and one 19-20 year old— waiting for him. They looked the same and were dressed in matching formal outfits, they looked like they were either getting out of church or about to go, he was pretty sure it was the first option.

"Kel! How have you been? It's been so long!" The older one said as she hugged him. Kel recognized her voice out of nowhere. This was undoubtedly Mari Suzuki. "Have you been taking care of yourself?" She tried her hardest not to cringe as she looked at his knotty hair and wrinkled clothes.

Kel looked at the smaller boy, which he assumed was Sunny, Mari's little brother.

"Sunny, say hi, please..?" Mari looked at him and gently dragged his body to her side so he was no longer standing behind her.

"H-hello..." Sunny said.

As Kel got adjusted to the light, there was an awkward pause.

"So! Would you like to go on an 'adventure' throughout the town?" asked Mari, and Kel shyly nodded.

"Great! We can brush your hair on the way to the park!"

"So..." The two younger boys said, one after the other, as Mari walked in front of them.

The Suzuki siblings' shoes gently made a satisfying tap noise where they touched the hot concrete floor. It was the only sound to listen to.