Not What He Seems-Part One

(A/N: this came out later than expected)

Gompers peered anxiously through the bars of his cage.

The two powerful demons were still there, standing before his prison, talking to one another. He had no clue where they were, it almost looked like an abandoned warehouse from the vast interior.

Kill was talking with urgency. "We should strike now."

Jill in return put up a hand to silence him. "Patience, brother," She told him. "We have plenty of time."

I don't, Gompers thought to himself.

The portal. He could sense it was ready, and he needed to be there to see it happen. He needed to escape, but ever since he was brought into this wretched cage, Kill had been keeping a close eye on him. Gompers had to wait for the right time when the siblings weren't looking, in order to use his powers.

That time might be now, as the Demons were engaged in each other at the moment, their backs turned to him. Gompers had to be discreet. The tips of his horns began to glow red. The glow spread to the rest of his horns, and they radiated with heat. He leaned towards the bars, but he only managed to make a dent in one of them when suddenly Kill turned towards him.

Luckily, Gompers's horns stopped glowing before the Red Demon could turn his gaze on him. Like always, Kill gave him a suspicious look. The goat's heartbeat quickened, when Kill approached him slowly.

Kill knelt down in front of him, red eyes peered between the bars. Gompers tried to replicate the mannerisms of a scared animal, which was easier than expected, since he feared being caught. Kill eyed him coldly, then to Gompers's dismay, shifted his gaze to the single bar that he had been the process of melting. His red eyes sharpened immensely when seeing the dent, and he turned on Gompers like a predator staring at its' prey.

"Kill, get over here! Stop staring at that damn goat," Jill called him, and Gompers had never been more thankful for her presence.

Kill gave him one last glare, before walking back to his sister. Gompers allowed himself to breathe in relief, and slumped against the cold floor of his cage. Despite his predicament, Gompers wasn't too worried about himself. His mind was occupied by thoughts of Bill and Will Cipher, and his worry for them only grew by the passing second.

I hope you remember what I taught you Bill, because I might not be by your side to help you this time.

❇️❇️❇️

At the other side of town, a blue pulsing light broke through the night.

It came from the shack. Inside, the vending machine was periodically back-lit by the same pulsing blue. Inside the underground laboratory beneath the shack, Bill was pulling a lever with all his might, so that green fluid would pump into large, glass tanks.

"Dammit Gompers, why am I doing all the work?" Bill grumbled.

The goat still hasn't shown up, and Bill was left working on the portal on his own. He walked away from the lever, but abruptly stopped when he almost stepped into a puddle of green glowing toxic waste. He grimaced. He may have to clean that up later.

Suddenly, red lights flashed and a buzzer went off. Bill smiled and turned to look at a screen. The screen reads "EVENT INITIALIZED" and an eighteen hour countdown began.

Bill ran into the control room, and started flipping through Journal Number One. "Warning, blah blah blah, Extreme usage could result in minor gravity anomalies. Whatever, Ford." Rolling his eyes, and slamming the journal shut. "I've come this far. I'm not giving up now!"