The Last Mabelcorn-Part One

Bill was suddenly standing in a field of wheat. The blinking sound caught his attention, and turned to see the inter-dimensional portal, now resorted to ruins.

Abruptly, the wheat around him was flattened into the image of a giant triangle with a single eyes, before glowing blue. Bill heard maniacal laughter.

Beads of sweat travelled down his forehead. "That laugh... Show yourself!"

The laughter continued, then a singsong voice echoed throughout the field. "Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well! Aren't you a sight for sore eye!"

"You're not gonna win," Bill growled. "I'm going to stop you!"

There was only silence in return. Then, out of nowhere, the voice returned.

"We'll see..."

Then the whole field caught on blue fire, the heat rushing towards Bill. He screamed at the top of his lungs, as the flames devoured him—

Bill shot up in his bed, drowning in his own sweat. He panted heavily, his eyes darting around his dark bedroom. When no threats were detected, he eased back down on his mattress, trying to force himself back to sleep.

He was unsuccessful.

Downstairs, however, another was being awakened from their slumber. Ford Pines, who had previously been asleep by his desk, shot upright, eyes flared opened.

"He's back."

❇️❇️❇️

It's been long since Dipper returned to the shack. He still felt uneasy being near it, haunted by harsh memories. He would have stayed away longer, if not for Mabel begging him to join her on what she called 'SPECIAL FAMILY PANCAKE DAY'.

"It's gonna be wonderful!" she beamed. "Just us and our uncles, making our own pancakes. We can finally get along again and be a family for once!"

"We can be a family again once that backstabbing, six-fingered, old stooge admits everything he's done wrong," Dipper snapped.

Mabel frowned at him. "C'mon, bro-bro, how about we let go of old grudges...at least for today?"

"I don't understand you," he shot back. "You should feel as angry as I am. Not only did Ford treat your friend like garbage, but he could've prevented the destruction of our home if he let go his own judgement."

Mabel was silent for a while, until she said in a small voice. "I'm glad that he's alive...and you should be too."

Dipper narrowed his eyes, not having the willpower to argue with her further. She must have sensed the tension forming between them, because she then said in a more lighthearted tone;

"Let's talk about something else," she started. "Like you and Bill for example? You haven't talked to each other in a while."

Dipper bit the inside of his cheek. "I don't know what to say to him," he admitted.

He missed the blond like crazy. He missed Bill's cheesy remarks, twisted smirk...his warm touch. But an anger plagued him whenever he thought about how Bill had been keeping something so important from him. Dipper knew he shouldn't feel this way, it was mostly Tad's doing, after all. But, if Bill truly cared, would he have told him despite it all...right?