med shack.

"Alright Y/n why don't you tell us how you survived in the maze." Alby stated sitting across from me. I'm now back in the med shack. After the revelation of my name Newt realized the blood dripping from my head and brought me back here for the med jacks to patch me up.

"So it is a maze then? I thought so with how many turns I was doing. You all are aware it changes then I'm guessing? Obviously....we're  trapped here aren't we?" I said and I put my head down and wrung my hands together. I should be scared out of my mind. Freaking out, however I just feel utter and complete sadness. Hopelessness. And my mind is berating me with questions. Which I would have gladly asked if I didn't feel light headed from the blood loss.

"If there was a way out we would have found it by now." Minho says awakening me from my thoughts.

"Which is why it's so important you tell us what happened to you in that maze." Alby stated. I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts.

"Well once I ran into the maze the doors shut and I was chased by some kind of creature-"

"A griever." Gally said. I looked up at him and Minho, who was next to him spoke again.

"We call them grievers. They are what guards the maze."

"Well then, a griever as you call them chased me to these tall, metal structure things-"

"Blades. Those we call the blades." Minho corrects me again.

"Alright well when I got to these "blades" as you call them they were all shut. So I went to turn around however this griever thing caught up to me."

"Well clearly not since you're still alive." Minho says as-of-matter-of factly. I didn't take it offensively, after seeing the monster up close I to was shocked I was breathing still. 

"That's the thing. You would think I would've been dead and it almost did kill me. But I swear the thing looked right at me, roared and then just walked away as if he couldn't be bothered to kill me." I say and all there faces turned from irritated and impatient to curious and surprised.

"That's impossible." Gally said. "No one has ever survived in the maze overnight. Let alone come back from the maze after being chased by a Griever."

"What do you want me to tell you? I did. So I guess someone has then." I stated starting to get annoyed by this constant questioning. "Will you let me finish?" I stated and no one spoke so I continued. "Then after the thing went away the maze started to shift, as I mentioned before, and I ran back to this ivy wall. I thought maybe I could climb it-"

"You can't. The ivy doesn't go up all the way. We've already tried that" Newt interrupted. I gave him a glare and he spoke, "sorry love, continue."

"If you had let me finish you would have known that about half way up the dammed wall the vine broke and I fell. That's why I have an injury on my head and that's when I remembered my name." I said.

Jeff then spoke up. "Speaking of which you do realize that you're blood is black correct?" The boys all take a look at the cloth Jeff was holding to clean my head and they are shrivel up their faces in disgust. Which I couldn't blame him it looked nasty. I don't remember knowing what human blood looks like but I something in my subconscious is telling me it definitely doesn't look like that.

"Yeah....that's another thing I should have mentioned."

"Yeah, yeah this makes total sense!" Gally who had been pacing back and forth since I've gotten it the tent erupts. "You just casually forget a major fact about your story! Just like you CASUALLY survive a night in the maze! AND LETS NOT FORGET YOU CAUSALLY survive a griever attack?! Oh yeah and you're just CASUALLY the first GIRL to ever come up form the box!? Is this making any sense to any of you?! Because it for sure isn't making any sense for me? Does this not make anyone else wonder who the hell this shank is?! But no sure let's just all sit here letting her tell us a story instead of trying to figure this shit out." Gally huffs then he opens the door to the med shack and slams it shut. My mouth gapes open a little and Minho speaks.

"I'll go talk to him."And Minho walks out after him. Alby sighs and presses his hand to his temple as if he just suffered a major headache. I did as well. As if Gally is that dim witted to see that by me explaining what had happened they get a better understanding to figure it all out.

"Why don't we give you a little rest yeah?" Alby says tiredly. He stands up and moves to touch my shoulder but I'm guessing he remembered what happened last time and retracted him hand. He then to walks out the door. Jeff moves out from behind me and walks away.

"I'm going to get some bandages." He says and I face Newt who I suspect to make an excuse to walk out too. But then he doesn't. He sits in the chair Alby was sitting in and scoots in closer to me.

"Do you remember anything?" He asks calmly and I didn't suspect a question like this so I stay silent thinking. He speaks again. "It's just that..you're different than the others...I mean clearly. If you split one of us open right now no one would bleed black that's bloody crazy." He chuckles lightly and although the intention was not to harm I feel even worse somehow.

"I know it's crazy. But I do. And I know you're wondering if I know why I do but I can't tell you why. Also like how I can't tell you why that griever walked away, why I'm here, how I survived, and hell! I can't even fucking tell you how I, a girl,came up and not some other... that word that you all say." At this point I'm practically screaming and all these emotions are coming out all at once.

"Shank?" Newt says he has a look of amusement on his face.

"Yeah that shit!" I said angrily. Newt chuckles.

"What's so funny?" I say.

"Nothing you just get all red in the face, you look like a bloody tomato." He says and I get  embarrassed. I take a deep breath to center myself hoping the redness would go down
and continued.

"All I can possibly tell you is that I'm scared and upset and tired and I just want to go home. But I don't even know where home is." I say and tears start forming at the brim of my eyes. I look down and shut my eyes before any can seep out. Newt puts a finger under my chin and pushes my face upwards so that I could be eye level with his.

"This is your home now. I wish I could tell you it wasn't. Really I do but it is. We call it The glade and until we can find a way out of here this is your home and you should make peace with that before it drive you insane." He says and his eyes show nothing out utter compassion for me which makes my heart settle from breathing too fast. "And Don't mind he's a twat sometimes but he's just like you. Scared and afraid. It'll take a while but I promise you, you'll be alright. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe because it's the right thing to do or maybe it's cause I think you're pretty." He says and laughs and I chuckle. He stands to leave the room and I just say

"Thank you newt." He nods his head at me and replies.

"Get some rest. I'll give you a tour when you wake up." I nod and he walks out. Jeff comes back with the bandages a while later stating he couldn't find them and once he patches me up I finally get some well needed rest.

Tommy? Do you believe what I'm doing is right?

I don't know. I wish I could give you comfort but if you continue down this path..y/n I don't think I could stand by and watch you.

Thomas. I don't have a choice.

We all have a choice. Don't choose because she tells you too.

That's the thing Tommy. I wish it was just her but it's not...it's me...I believe it like how I believe you will stand by me no matter what......

WCKD is good.