the maze.

I woke up to sound of feet shuffling in the dirt. I put my hand over the sun starting to rise and in between my fingers I saw Minho. When my eyes finally adjusted and he opened the gate, he spoke "Ready Greenie? The maze is about to open."

"Yeah I'm ready. Get me out of here." I say grabbing his hand and he yanked me out. I start patting down my hair and clothes from the dirt and he hands me some kind of vest with a dagger in the pocket.

"This is yours. The pockets hold a map of we get separated, water and some some tools if you need them." He states and I strap it on. "Here breakfast." He says and throws me a peice of bread.

"Thanks Minho." I say and I know I shouldn't but I chug some water and scarf down the bread. The humity made last night's sleep feel like I was showering in my own sweat. I think for a moment before taking the dagger and cutting my pants with it.

"What the hell are you doing greenie?" He says and looks at me.

"Getting cooler." I rip through one pant leg and finish the other so by the time I'm finished I have shorts on. Then I take off my vest and my shirt (Minho looks away blushing) and I rip off the sleeves of my shirt. I tuck the fabrics into the vest, put it back on and Minho turns back around.

"Better?"

"Much." I reply and Just as I just as I do the maze came alive and start splitting open. I look at Minho worriedly and he just speaks.

"Keep up." He says and he starts off in a sprint. I follow after him. For not remembering if I was in peak condition before I came here I did pretty well. Running like this I noticed almost came natural to my body. Like I trained for it. I kept following Minho and he slows down a bit to speak. "You know I usally never go in here actively looking for grievers." He says and breathlessly I add.

"No, I wouldn't suppose so. Where should we start?"

"You said the last place you saw it was the blades before it ran off. I say we check that area."

"Good idea."

"I don't just got good looks." He says cockily and speeds up and I laugh and follow. Finally we reach to a stop and Minho looks around. "Alright the blades are that way," and he points straight ahead "but maybe we can canvas here first." He motioned to the area surrounding us. "You go that way and I'll check over here." He chooses to go left and I go right. I look up and down the cement walls and look for any clues were the Griever might be but then I noticed something on the floor. I bent down and touched it and it stuck to my hand. A black slimy goo. The color of my blood.

"MINHO! COME HERE!" I yell and he jogs up behind me. "Look." I say and I point to the line of goo going down. "It has to be fresh." I say showing him my hands and he nods.

"Well what are you waiting for?" He asks and runs following the trail and I follow him. We follow it all the way to a winding narrow path. "I've never been here before." Minho says seriously and slows down.

"I thought you mapped the whole maze?"

"I thought so too..." He says and trails off. Then I started to see light and Minho did as well he speed up a little and walked further leading us closer to the end. When we got there Minho breathed a silent "Woah." I walked through the end of the passage and saw what he was staring at. The walls that were usually covered with green ivy were now covered in flowers. Big beautiful pink flowers. Some of them were a dark red and even some were yellow but regardless it was beautiful.

"Minho..." I started not even knowing what I was going to say before I looked behind me and smiled at him and he smiled back. Small tears were pricking his eyes and I know it's because this is the first thing he's seen in a while that's could give him hope and I'm getting emotional because for the first time since I've been here I felt like I did something right. Then all of a sudden we hear a rumble and the ground cracked. I didn't notice before but there was a gaping hole in the middle of were we were. The flowers had completely distracted us both. "MINHO! WATCH OUT!" I say and before I know it the ground underneath his feet cracks open and he falls. He catches himself by the ledge and I ran to pull him up. He was twice by body weight but I pulled as hard as I could and he started coming up slowly.