council hall.

I walked into Council Hall behind Newt and he walked up to a stage area with Gally, Alby, and the other Keppers.  While the boys, who were just now clamoring in, all settled in front of them on the benches. I try to spot Minho in all the mess and I catch him walking into the hall from the door opposite of the one I just walked through.

"Hey Min," I say. "You ready?" I gulped nervously. It's one thing to choose to say this in front of everyone and another to actually do it.

"Are you?" He says and looks at me curiously.

"Oh yeah, it's not like I could be the target of some unnecessary hate or anything soon," I speak with sarcasm and Minho laughs.

"Don't worry I won't let anyone disrespect you."

"Awe how sweet. Minho has a heart?"

"Shut up you shank." He says and playfully pushes me. I laugh and immediately feel much more at ease.

"Everyone please have a seat." I hear Alby say loudly. Minho walks up to the front taking his respected place among the other council members and I walk over to a bench closest to the council and gingerly take a seat. "We have some new developments from the glade." He says loudly and I can hear the whispers and mumbles from throughout the room. "I know how you all may feel right now but let's take a moment to listen to Minho alright and he'll explain everything," Alby says and gives the floor to Minho who with all his confidence takes up speaking in front of everyone with ease.

"Thanks Alby. No matter how much I would like to take credit for these new revelations...I can't. It was really Y/n who figured everything out and if she wishes, I would like her to explain to all of you." He says and looks at me gesturing for me to come up. At this point, all eyes are on me and the whispering is even louder. I feel my face get hot and I walk up carefully to the middle of the stage and Alby shushes the boys.

"Alright, alright, that's enough let her talk." He says. "You have the floor Y/n."

I clear my throat and start talking. "Well then, early yesterday morning Minho and I set out to find a griever. As some of you may have or may not have heard my first day here I came into contact with one and it let me walk away unharmed. I decided to test out this theory again to see if it would work a second time. When we went to the last known location of the griever we followed this trail that led us to a part of the maze that hadn't been mapped yet according to Minho." I say and look at him for help to back up what I was saying. He nodded at me and spoke.

"She's right. All of the maze had been mapped out months ago and she brought us to a place that I've never seen before. A whole new area to examine."

"Is it a way out?" one boy asked and I replied.

"To be honest with you I don't know. Today, Minho and I are going to work with the mappers to map the newfound area and then we'll go out tomorrow morning and run the course again trying to find something new. The area is dangerous and we believe it to be a nesting place for some, if not all, the grievers." Hushed whispers began to spread.

"I counted maybe five while I was hanging from the edge of the hole," Minho said gravely and the boys started murmuring even louder.

"ALTHOUGH," I said loudly to get their attention. "That might seem unfortunate there is some good news. The walls of this place were covered in flowers. Kinds we have not yet seen here in the glade. Let alone in the maze. Who knows what they could be or what they could mean?" I say and some boys start agreeing with me.

"Knowing the maze....it's probably poison." I turn and I see Gally speak. I would've been upset but knowing our pact I decided to not think so much of it.